Capital Campaign Construction Progress: December 2022
For more than 80 years, St. Christopher Parish has been the anchor of faith for parishioners who worship together, receive the sacraments, help others, and teach the faith to our children. Over the years our parishioners have come from near and far to ensure our faith community remains strong throughout the Speedway area and beyond.
In 2016, the parishioners of this faith community came together to study, evaluate, and debate a Master Plan that will impact the accessibility, safety and security for all who visit our campus. Subsequently, the parish held community workshops and multiple focus groups. After much evaluation, deliberation, and input from more than 850 parishioners, the leadership of St. Christopher Parish approved a $4 million capital campaign. The campaign will ensure all who are served by our parish know the family connectedness we call St. Christopher. This campaign will further our mission as a church, by:
• Connecting our buildings together in a safe and efficient way
• Increasing accessibility for those participating in programs and ministries
• Improving traffic flow, parking, and safety for all
• Creating opportunities of dignity through a client choice food pantry
• Bringing together shared resources of space and equipment to enhance collaboration of personnel
• Increasing security, ensuring safety and accessibility for all those who use our space
Please join me in prayer that our capital campaign may be successful. Together as we build God’s Kingdom here at St. Christopher Parish, we will connect, grow, and secure a brighter future for our community.
Fr. Paul Shikany