3F Waste Recovery
A SkinnyPig Enterprise
High Value Products from the by-products of the fisheries, farming and forestry sectors in Newfoundland and Labrador
3F Waste Recovery is an innovative pre-commercial business that is focused on turning waste problems in the fishery, farming and forestry industries into profitable solutions. Our goal is to become the regional leader for environmental stewardship, full product utilization and manufacturing innovation.
Our first phase of products are manufactured from the Atlantic cod and salmon waste streams generated by primary processors in Newfoundland and Labrador. When our plant is fully operational, we will divert more than 5000 metric tons of organic waste from landfills per year and generate more than $10M in additional value to the raw materials we take in and recover.
3F will be launching its first R&D project on the development of a highly soluble cod collagen peptide powder in Winter 2019. We will also be launching our prototype hybrid-mechanical fish composter in Fall 2019, a 15mt/year mid-volume composting solution based on automating the Berkeley Method of Hot Composting.
- We also supply access to other raw material feedstocks for companies looking to access fisheries and aquaculture raw materials from the NL market in partnership with a 3rd generation, reputable and respected independent fish processor on the island
- Contact us for more information.
- Raw material suppliers: Are you in the fishery, farming and agriculture or forestry industries and looking for ways to turn your waste expense into a revenue stream? We want to hear from you! We are actively seeking suppliers of:
- northern cod skins and fins
- Atlantic salmon skins and fins
- sheep wool
- moose, caribou and sheep bones
- Atlantic blue mussel shells
- Private Sector Investors: Are you in the waste management, cosmetics, nutraceutical, fertilizer, pharmaceutical, food or farming industry and looking for a great investment that complements your core business? Let's talk and see how we can collaborate to deliver accelerated growth and returns.
- We have 40-76% grant funding available for all of our R&D projects
- Extensive network into academia, government, and lending agencies ready to act
- We have verbal commitments for an initial $1.25M in low-interest loans from government sources, pending private contribution
- Public and Bank Lenders: Are you engaged in growing your firm or agencies lending portfolio in ocean, green or clean technologies, agriculture or fisheries? We are actively seeking long-term relationships with lending partners to finance on-going R&D and acquisition of processing equipment to perform value added refining to our extracted products.