Audiobooks.com review 2019
Is It Wort it?
Audiobooks.com Short Review: Pros and Cons
- Comes with cross-platform applications which makes it possible for you to listen to audiobooks on the Internet, Amazon, and via Android and iOS devices.
- The book narrators are eloquent and experienced professionals in their field.
- You get to keep all your Audiobooks.com purchases for as long as you want.
- Any unused credits roll over to the next month. So if you did not have time to listen to a new audiobook this month, you have nothing to worry about. But remember, that any unused credits will expire 3 months after they were added. However, once you use them to purchase a book, the book itself will never expire. This is one of the things I like about Audiobooks.com compared to Scribd where you don't have access to all of your books after your subscription expires.
- Before you use your credit to buy a book, you can listen to a 3-minute long preview and decide whether you like the narration, etc. This way you literally won't have to judge the book by its cover and spend your credit on something you won't enjoy.
- Has a lot of interesting features including live sync. Their live sync feature will track your reading progress and if you close your book at a certain point on their web app and then open the same book on your mobile phone later, it will resume right where you left off.
- Enables you to download your favorite audiobooks for offline listening, which is great if you are visiting an area with little or no Internet service.
- In case you face any problem, you can always contact live support. They are very efficient and ready to help you resolve any issue you might have.
- Limited library as compared to other audiobooks providers (although it's rapidly growing and might not be an issue anymore).
- The pricing is a bit steep for one audiobook (compared to Scribd) but extra credits are cheap, plus now you also get a second bonus book from the VIP section.
Is Audiobooks.com Subscription Worth it?
Yes. It's a solid service with a responsive app, a wide variety of titles and relatively cheap prices. The pricing might seem a bit steep for some people but before you think so, there are a few things that you need to take into consideration. The first one is that your monthly audiobook is yours to keep. Once an audiobook is credited and bonded to your account, it stays there forever. This means you will be able to listen to the audiobook even if you choose to not renew your subscription. Another thing is that the monthly fee includes unlimited access to thousands of podcasts. I really like this feature especially since none of the other audiobook subscription services offers it.
I've used several audiobook subscription services in the past and I truly believe that Audiobooks.com is one of the best in 2019. If you like audiobooks and podcasts and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it, then I think you might enjoy the platform.
Full Audiobooks.com Review 2019
Audiobooks are one of the most rapidly growing segments in the book publishing industry. Today, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of audiobook subscription services, and it's not easy to choose the best one. In this article, I will review Audiobooks.com, one of the most popular services out there.
The next few paragraphs will give you a comprehensive review of Audiobooks.com, what the platform is about, how to get started with the platform, the pros and cons of using the platform and most importantly, a comparison of the platform with other audiobook services such as Audible, one of the largest competitors to Audiobooks.com and Amazon’s own answer to this trend. Before I delve deep into Audiobooks.com, it's important to take a brief look into the benefits of audiobooks as compared to hardcovers or digital books to understand why people are running to them.
Benefits Of Audiobooks Vs Reading
Books play an important role in our lives and I believe that they can't be replaced with audiobooks. However, nowadays most people don't have enough spare time, and that is why audiobooks may be a convenient alternative to reading for many people. There are many benefits of audiobooks, but I will just list my top 3.
1. Improve Time Management
Our lives have become so busy nowadays making it increasingly difficult for a person to sit down, give up doing everything else just to read. Audiobooks are great because they enable you to multitask. You can go about your tasks as usual whilst listening to an audiobook thus making it possible for you to kill two birds with a single stone.
2. Builds Critical Listening Skills
Listening is one of the most in-demand soft skills in 2019. Many people choose audiobooks because they are realizing that in addition to helping you manage time, they also help with developing such skills as critical listening. They also help you improve your focus and attention span.
3. They are fun
Audiobooks, if read by a great narrator can be extraordinarily fun to listen to. Professional narrators, especially when reading out novels often bring out the little dramatizations that make your listening experience more pleasant than ever. Find out what are the Best 5 Audiobook Services for 2019.
What is Audiobooks.com?
Audiobooks.com was one of the first-ever platforms to be built with the central idea of giving users quick and easy access to audiobooks thus making it possible for people to listen to their favorite books on the go.
Audiobooks.com gives people access to thousands of audiobooks at a very low price. As a company, they believe that reading good books will make you happier and help you grow both intellectually and spiritually. This belief is at the core of their operation, which explains why they are one of the few companies that go above and beyond to provide excellent service to their customers.
Audiobooks.com In 2019: Important Changes and New Features
In 2019, Audiobooks.com announced major changes to subscription service and introduced lots of new features. So let's take another look at Audiobooks.com and see what they have to offer.
1. Before, Audiobooks.com offered 1 audiobook for $14,95. However, now on top of this 1 audiobook, every member get access to an extra book from the VIP section, a curated section with a great variety of books that change monthly. You can see the selection of this month here
It seems like this is a permanent change, and now every member, including free trial members, gets 1 credit each month (equals to 1 book) and an extra book from the VIP (curated) section.
2. Audiobooks.com introduced a Family Plan that allows users to invite their family members or friends and use one account on 3 different devices. This feature is similar to other services like Audible (allows access on 3 devices) and Scribd (allows access on 6 devices with a download option on 4). This is definitely a step forward.
3. One of the new features that, in my opinion, makes Audiobooks.com stand out from their competitors is a podcast section with over 72,000 podcasts. And every user gets unlimited access to it! This is a truly unique feature that none of the other similar services has. You can browse the podcasts by categories, save them for later, add to favorites, download to your device, and listen anywhere.
Audiobooks.com Free Trial
If you are not convinced that Audiobooks.com is the right fit for you, then you have an option of signing up for a 2-book free 30-day trial HERE. You will get 1 free audiobook plus a bonus audiobook from their VIP section. You will have 30 days to decide whether you like the service or not. If for some reason you will not want to continue using Audiobooks.com, just cancel your trial within 30 days and avoid any charges.
Some things to know before signing up for Audiobooks.com Free 30-Day Trial:
- You will need to provide your credit card information when you sign up for a trial and you might get a pre-authorized charge. But do not worry, this is only done to validate your credit card and billing address, and the transaction is going to be voided instantly (however, in some cases it may take up to 2-6 days to get a refund). The pre-authorized amount is $14,95 which equals to a monthly fee.
- Keep in mind that the trial begins on the day you sign up. So, for instance, if you sign up for a free trial on September 1st, and start using the service only on September 7th, your trial will still end on September 30th and you will be charged a monthly fee on October 1st (if you don't cancel your membership before that date).
- If you cancel your membership you will still have access to all of your previously purchased audiobooks as well as any unused credits that are already on your account. Note: This does not apply to VIP books which are only accessible on active accounts.
- If you sign up for a free trial, add a reminder in your calendar so that you won't forget when it ends. Before making a final decision ask yourself a few questions. Did you enjoy the service? Do you think it is worth the price? Did you listen to any podcasts? Has Audiobooks.com affected your life in a positive way? I believe that Audiobooks.com is a great service, and if you agree then go ahead and sign up for a membership after your free trial ends. However, if you don't like it for some reason, just cancel your trial, no strings attached.
Can I Purchase Extra Books On Audiobooks.com?
Absolutely! As mentioned earlier, Audiobooks.com subscription plan includes 2 audiobooks per month (1 from their VIP section). But if you need more books you can always purchase them at a very good price. There are several ways to do it:
1. First, check the Audiobooks.com "Deals" section. You can often find "2 for 1" and other great deals there.
2. InstaCredit: it's an easy way to purchase extra books without leaving the app. This option can only be used if you have no credit left from the previous month. All you have to do is enable the InstaCredit feature in the Settings menu and choose the book you want to purchase. After that, simply follow the popups.
3. A la carte: this option is available only through the website and it allows users to purchase audiobooks outside of the credit system.
Audiobooks.com vs. Audible: Which One Is Better?
Audible is probably the most popular audiobook subscription service out there, but I believe that Audiobooks.com has its advantages, too. The price is the same for both services ($14,95 per month), but with Audible yo get 1 book each month and 2 Audible Originals, and with Audiobooks.com you get 1 book plus 1 bonus book from the VIP section and unlimited access to their podcasts.
Audible and Audiobooks.com have almost the same number of titles with Audible being a bit larger by a margin of only 25,000 books. Audible has many great book titles as compared to Audiobooks.com. This is a plus for Audible. However, Audiobooks.com is a rapidly growing service and it seems like they are catching up with their competitor. Both platforms have mobile applications with excellent features including live sync.
Honestly, it's hard for me to choose one over the other and tell you which one is better because it all depends on your needs. So what I suggest is signing up for a free trial with both services and then decide which one suits you best.
Audiobooks.com Sign-Up And Cancellation Process
The sign-up process is very easy and straightforward. Just click this link, input your details and billing information, and your 30-day free trial will start right away. If you decide that you like Audiobooks.com and want to continue using the service, then you don't have to do anything (you will be charged a monthly fee after the trial ends). If not, cancel your subscription anytime before the trial ends and avoid any charges. To cancel your account go to a Membership area on the Audiobooks.com website and click the "Cancel" button. You can also do it by phone by calling 1-855-876-6195 (9 am - 8 pm EST, Monday to Friday).