Homepage of Ibo Ortgies
What is new on my website!
(Fulltext Publications now online)
Musicologist, Music Historian, Translator
- Translation to German, from
- Translation to English from
* In my fields of expertise only
Translation to English includes always editing
by highly experienced English editors,
who are experts in the respective field as well.
- Translation of historical texts in my areas of expertise
- Proof-reading and editing (German)
- Fact check
- Improving style (German) and logical consistency of various texts, amongst others books, articles, presentations, lectures ...
I always strive for a congruency of content, format, and style,
as well as for a pleasant flow of words,
- Support of your business correspondence in German
- Digital photography of archival sources
- Transcription and edition of historical texts and music
.Previously I worked as researcher at the
University of Gothenburg (Göteborgs universitet), Sweden
GOArt (Göteborg Organ Art Center).
I have been working at GOArt from 2016
(occasionally part-time or time-limited positions).
- Detailed List of Publications
- Doctoral Thesis, 2004
Die Praxis der Orgelstimmung in Norddeutschland im 17. und 18. Jahrhundert und ihr Verhältnis zur zeitgenössischen Musikpraxis.
(The practice of organ tuning in North Germany in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries and its relationship to contemporary musical practice.)Fulltext online completely available on this website for free download: