To trace ASP.NET web application, add
and opet http://localhost.trace.axd to view the trace information.
Some tasks are executed on a periodical basis - every n units of time (seconds, minutes, hours, days...). This implies usage of some form of timers. Technologies are available to make this work and they all have their pros and cons.
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Windows Service
- Web Application (see references for an example)
- Workflow Foundation (Service)
- Using Task Scheduler or Windows Service For Scheduled Tasks (link), and Scheduled Tasks in ASP.NET (link)
- Combine Web and Windows Services to Run Your ASP.NET Code at Scheduled Intervals (link).
- Replacing Task Scheduler with Cron (link), Replacing the Windows Task Scheduler (link)
- Threading in C#, free e-book (link)
Rendering HTML programmatically (sort-of) is possible using a web browser.