What is involved in preparing for university? Academics. Knowing Expectations. Setting effective goals. Continuing progress. Organizing time. Effective learning techniques. Lowering/eliminating anxiety.
What do Universities say on university preparedness?
- Dalhousie University: University Preparation
- Saint Mary's University: University Preparation
- Clarke University: Essential Skills for College Students
What do others say/publish on the topic:
- Times Higher Education - Top 7 qualities universities look for in student applicants
- Ocford Royale Academy - Essential Skills for Undergraduate Life: the 13 Things You Should Know How to Do Before You Go to University
- Public School Review - Are High School Graduates Ready for College? Studies Are Dismal
- The Guardian - How to Prepare for University: Dos and Don'ts
- Huffington Post - Your Teen Probably Isn't Prepared For University (includes a thoughful list on how to prepare)
- Crimson Education - How to Prepare for University in High School (also includes a nice list of how to prepare), and 22 Life Skills to Learn Before College
- The Complete University Guide (UK) - Preparing to Go (thorough - all considerations for preparing for university)
How do we address this at KVA? Within our flexibility and self-pacing, students can choose how they wish to progress to mastery of outcomes. Students applying to university are compelled to experience and develop university preparedness (academic and other). Standards are at university level for these student so that they are prepared before they start university (rather than after).