Gifted and Talented Learners
King's View Academy's education model is based on the scholarship related to gifted and talented learners.
Gifted and talented learners are very much like adult learners (see Self-Directed Learning) in that they are more successful when they can make their own decisions about learning, subjects, assessment, and scheduling.
There is always space at KVA for gifted and talented students. Scholarships and tuition reduction are available. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few links to help you learn more about gifted and talented learners:
- National Association for Gifted Children. Identification. www.nagc.org/resources-publications/gifted-education-practices/identification
- Australia Government. Gifted and Talented Education. (see page 2 for a quick guide to ID gifted learners) https://www.education.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/587311/Identification2.PDF
- Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education Guide to Teaching Gifted Learners (2013). www.ed.gov.nl.ca/edu/k12/studentsupportservices/publications/teachingstudentsgiftedtalented.pdf
- St-Clair Guide to Gifted Learners for Teachers: 10 Things to Know. www.st-clair.net/Data/Sites/1/media/public/SpecialEd/gifted-program/ten-things-teachers-need-to-know-about-gifted-students.pdf
- SpecialNeeds.com Special Needs of Gifted Learners. http://www.specialneeds.com/children-and-parents/general-special-needs/special-needs-gifted-children
- British Columbia Department of Education Guide to Teaching Gifted Learners 2006/2007. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/kindergarten-to-grade-12/teach/teaching-tools/inclusive/gifted-education.pdf