Type of Member
Benefits of Membership is subject to the membership type.
An organization that is publicly recognized to be actively certified to an ISO 9001:2015 (or ISO 9001:2008) Quality Management System for the CQMFA approved industry sector, namely finance.
Disclosure of their certification and scope is either by way of their organization public relations material or; in accordance with Clause 8.3 of the accreditation standard ISO/IEC 17021 (Reference to Certification and Use of Marks): certification bodies must make their directory of certified clients available.
A Registered Member is a Qualified Organization which completes a CQMFA membership application and agreement form; and the organization is duly approved for membership by CQMFA; and appoints a Registered Member Principal and, if applicable, one (or more) Registered Member Representative(s).
An organization that meets the industry requirements for CQMFA membership and meets one of the two following requirements:
- The organization’s top management is considering, planning or has decided to implement an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System - but have not formally started the implementation process to transition their organization to ISO 9001:2015, for their scope-of-interest. Committees are not yet formed and a formal announcement to affected employees is not yet made; or
- The organization’s top management has implemented their transition. Committees are formed and a formal announcement to affected employees is made.
A Candidate Member must also complete a CQMFA membership application and agreement form; and the organization is duly approved for membership by CQMFA; and appoints a Candidate Member Principal and, if applicable, one (or more) Candidate Member Representative(s).
Registered Member Benefits Only
Registered Member Communication Forum
As a Registered Member of CQMFA, your organization is able to communicate with other organization representatives (of other Registered Members) to discuss matters of interest to you, respecting the CQMFA Mission and issues related to certification of a Quality Management System in the finance sector.
Use of CQMFA Trademarks
Subject to acceptance of a licensing agreement, Registered Members are able to display the CQMFA Quality Seal.
Registered Member Conferences
- Conferences are held primarily to allow Registered Members to meet face-to-face to discuss existing and new business and relationships. To this end, the CQMFA President shall give members ample opportunity to pre-plan, coordinate and schedule these meetings - subject to demand by Registered Members.
- All Registered Members are invited to attend the Conference that will be held, with due notice provided.
Candidate Member Benefits Only
Candidate Member Communication Forum
As a Candidate Member of CQMFA, your organization is able to communicate with other organization representatives (of other Candidate Members) to discuss matters of interest to you, respecting the CQMFA Mission and issues related to certification of a Quality Management System in the finance sector.
Candidate Member Events
As a Candidate Member of CQMFA, your organization may participate in events (in-person and online) that may, time to time, be held specifically for Candidate members.
Both Registered and Candidate Member Benefits
The CQMFA Academy offers support to members in two key areas: education and custom training.
CQMFA Academy offers training services, institutional strengthening and technical assistance on a range of topics to help you, your experts and other stakeholders who perform key quality management roles to:
- Build capacity to meet your quality management responsibilities
- Address gaps in your quality management development processes and governance
- Learn to use Quality Management System standards to tackle your operational challenges
- Bring Quality Management-in-Finance benefits to your organization. Some training events take place in Calgary, others are held in the regions. We also run customized and in-company programmes for membersʼ specific needs.
CQMFA members can request custom training, in matters of Certified Quality Management-in-Finance.
IT tools and services
For the latest CQMFA news, events and projects, go to CQMFA: Connect. It is for everyone in the CQMFA system (members, chairs, secretaries, experts, etc.) Log in using your CQMFA Global Directory account username and password.
Quality Management-in-Finance Consultant & Technology Directory
CQMFA is approved to market proprietary certified Quality Management-in-Finance technology that is developed by 3rd parties, via it’s CQFMA Consulting and Technology Directory.
- By design, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems are transferable and scalable across jurisdictions and technology platforms.
- Some finance sector organizations that have successfully implemented a certified Quality Management System have developed proprietary or patent-pending technology and business processes that other organizations can license. Why build when you can buy?
CQMFA also provides a means for qualified 3rd party consultants, namely, those whose consulting firms have implemented an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System for the scope of consulting, to have their services marketed by CQMFA, via the CQMFA Consulting and Technology Directory.
Support for communication and promotion of Certified Quality Management-in-Finance
CQMFA provides communication materials and training to help you communicate about CQMFA’s activities and promote certified Quality Management-in-Finance to your stakeholders.
From time to time, we publish communication material about international standardization, standards and their benefits. These materials have been designed to help you, as a CQMFA member, promote Quality Management-in-Finance to your stakeholders.
Introduction Package Email
Thank you for your interest in joining CQMFA.
We are happy you are here.
Membership is easy as 1 - 2 - 3:
1 - Please review the CQMFA Membership Manual, Application and Agreement-Acceptance Forms [the link only works if you receive this correspondence directly, by email]. This will describe who we are are, what we do and how you and CQMFA will be able to work together.
2 - After you complete the application form, if you are ready to formally apply to CQMFA for membership on behalf of your organization (and you are duly authorized to do so), please go to the section within the Membership Manual called: APPLICATION Form for CQMFA Membership and complete the form.
3 - At this time, you are also welcome to formally accept the CQMFA Membership Manual Terms and Conditions, which is located in the Membership Manual.
Once CQMFA reviews your application and confirms your acceptance of the Membership Manual on behalf of your organization, we will contact you with a welcome package.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Quality Management-in-Finance.