How we support good attendance:
· We reward House teams weekly on the best attendance.
· We display the attendance winners on our ‘attendance tree’.
· We publish attendance winners on our weekly newsletter.
· We reward pupils with 100% attendance at the end of each term.
· We provide guidance from the NHS on childhood illnesses (see website).
· We keep parents informed at termly consultations and on end of year reports of attendance late figures.
· We monitor attendance carefully and will contact you if your child’s attendance drops below 95%.
· If attendance problems continue we will ask you to meet with use to discuss and agree ways forward.
· If a number of absences are unauthorised, such as holidays, you will be referred for a penalty notice and may be given a fine.
· If attendance problems persist we will refer your child to an Education Welfare Officer. This may lead to prosecution.