The St. Louis Centers for Advanced Professional Studies (STL CAPS) is part of the national CAPS Network that spans 12 states, 44 programs and 86 high schools. St. Louis CAPS provides juniors and seniors the opportunity to fast-forward beyond college to test-drive their future in high-skill, high-demand careers.
Instead of learning in a traditional high school setting, students are immersed in professional workplaces such as medical centers, research labs, business co-working offices, and higher education facilities. Students must submit an application to be considered for the program.
Key Points of STL CAPS
- Open to 11th and 12th grade students
- Year-long course worth 3 high school credits
- College credit options available
- Morning Session 7:30 – 10:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Session 12:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- 4 courses available:
- 1) global business and entrepreneurship,
- 2) medicine, healthcare, and bioscience,
- 3) engineering and advanced manufacturing,
- 4) technology solutions and logistics
- Each course meets outside of the home high school at a business/industry partner location (i.e. medical center, business incubator, research facility, college campus, etc.)
- Students are responsible for providing transportation.
Apply online at http://stlcaps.yourcapsnetwork.org