Child Development & Care
This qualification is aimed at a range of learners who wish to be introduced to childcare and development for children aged 0-5 years. It provides the opportunity to gain a vocational qualification that gives a basic introduction to the sector.
It includes the knowledge and understanding of:
- Child development and well-being
- Factors affecting children’s development, including genetic inheritance, environment and nutrition
- Basic care skills needed when working in early years
- Skills needed when going out to work in early years
It also gives learners an insight into their preferred learning styles and assists in developing their ability to study.
The aims of the department:
- A safe and stimulating learning environment for all
- Outstanding teaching and progress made by students
- Student resilience and independence
- High quality coursework produced
- Provide work experience opportunities to support learning
Career opportunities include; child care, social work, pediatric care, midwifery, early learning and primary school services.
Key Stage 4
CACHE Level 2 Award in Child Development and Care (VRQ) is broken down into three units:
- Unit 1 An introduction to working with children aged 0-5 years (coursework)
- Unit 2 Development and well-being 0-5 years (coursework)
- Unit 3 Child care and development 0-5 years(short answer exam)
Student book to support with learning: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CACHE-Level-Child-Care-Education/dp/0435987410
Miss C Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org