My name is Alison Scully, and I am the Home School Community Liaison in O’ Connells Primary Boys School and St. Vincent’s Boys School.
I want to welcome you and your boy to our school and hope that you have many happy years here!
Throughout the year, I will be running classes and courses for parents, and inviting parents into class to do some activities with their child. Classes are a great way to chat to other parents, learn a new skill and have some fun! I encourage you to even try it once. Please let me know if you are interested in coming to a class 😊
Keep an eye out in your son’s school bag for notes about upcoming classes/school events, and on the parent’s noticeboard in the parents’ room (Room 1).
Home School Community Liaison (HSCL)
O’ Connell Primary Boys School
Parents Council/coffee mornings
I will be hosting coffee mornings for parents throughout the year, which is a great way for you to meet other parents and bring topics for discussion to myself! Texts and notes will be sent so make sure phone numbers are up to date!
· Incredible Years Parenting Programme starting on Tuesday 18th September for 12 weeks, 9.30am-11.45am in Hill Street Family Resource Centre.
· Hill Street Family Resource Centre (offer classes and parent/toddler mornings)
· Ozanam House Community Resource Centre (53 Mountjoy Square)
Adult classes starting for Autumn 2018
Children’s afterschool clubs enrolling this term www.ozanamhouse.ie
· Ballybough Centre (activities for parents and children)
· CASPr (afterschool’s)
If you would like to know more about any of these clubs/adult education programmes, or have any ideas/suggestions/questions for classes we can do as a parent group in school, please do not hesitate to contact me: 0868936811.
Cooking Classes for parents
· Cooking classes take place Every Tuesday @ 9.15-11 in St. Vincent’s Girls School. Classes are free of charge. The first class will start on Tuesday 18th September
Fitness Classes for parents
· Fitness classes will take place in O’ Connells School Hall every Wednesday with Fran - first class date to be confirmed