Safety & Security
Maryland State Police
- General Number: 410-761-5130
- EMERGENCY ONLY: 911
- Anonymous Tips: 410-280 CLUE
EAS (Emergency Alert System) for Anne Arundel County
- WBAL – 1090 AM
- WNAV – 1430 AM
- WFBR – 1590 AM
- WYRE – 810 AM
- WLZL – 99.1 FM
- WRNR – 103.1 FM
- WFSI – 107.9 FM
- Report Power Outages: 1-877-778-2222
- Emergency Service: 1-800-685-0123
- Street Light Outages: 1-800-685-0123 or use BGE's online reporting form
- Request New Street Light or an Upgrade to an Existing Street Light: Call the Traffic Engineering Division at (410) 222-7331 between the hours of 7:30 a.m.and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY
POTHOLE HOTLINE at (410) 222-7045 or E-mail. Send your request with the street address of the pothole. A supervisor will investigate your concern and a road crew will patch the pothole within 2 business days.
School Closings (Website)
Septic Tank Alarm
If you have a pump on your tank and the alarm sounds... If there is a pump failure, the tank which contains the pump will become too full. An alarm horn and light located in the alarm box on the outside of your home will automatically turn on. You should:
- Discontinue water use to prevent overflows.
- Turn off the alarm by depressing the alarm light on the front of the alarm box. The alarm horn should silence but the light will remain on until the system is repaired and restored to normal operation.
- Wait fifteen minutes before taking further action. A high level of water usage will sometimes cause the alarm to come on. This situation is self- correcting. The tank will automatically be pumped down and the alarm light should turn off.
- If fifteen minutes have passed and the alarm light is still on, call our 24 emergency dispatcher . The dispatcher will notify you if your system is privately maintained, in which case, you must contact a plumber or electrician.
- Call: 410-222-8400 for the emergency dispatcher
Water & Waste Service Emergency Service
- (410) 222-8400
- Call to report a water or sewer emergency, including sewer backups, manhole issues, dirty/rusty water, water pressure issues, meter issues, water leaks, water quality concerns, disruption of water service. Emergency Services answers customer calls 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Zoning Violations (Website)
What is a zoning violation?
- Parking vehicles, including boats and trailers, which do not display current tags and/or are inoperable on a lot
- Parking oversized vehicles in a residential district
- Storing solid waste or junk including trees, old wood, auto parts, old appliances on a property
- Maintaining an apartment without zoning approval and a zoning certificate of use
- Operating a business without zoning approval and a zoning Certificate of Use
Zoning Enforcement does not address high grass and weeds, garbage, litter, residential lighting, noise, building without permits, on-street parking or animal waste. They do not issue any type of pet license.
- Maryland Boating (Website)
- U.S. Coast Guard Search & Rescue: 1-800-418-7314 Or 1-410-576-2525
- To report an abandoned vessel: 410-260-8888
- To report normal floating debris: NRP Communications Center at 1-877-224-7229
- To report hazardous debris: such as fuel or propane tanks, call Maryland Department of Environment at