Dealing with Discriminatory Behavior

How to report Microaggressions and/or Hostile and Intimidating Behavior (HIB):

  1. On the SMPH home webpage, there is link on the very bottom of this webpage where it says: Mistreatment hurts everyone: Report a concern.

This takes you here:

  1. Within UW Health there are three options:

  • Contact Afra Smith in the UW Health DEI Office and/or

  • Submit a HERO report and/or

  • Contact the Employee Assistance Program: 1-800-634-6433

    • You can also go to

      • For faculty and staff the sign-in code is: bucky1

      • For residents and fellows the sign-in code is: uwh1

      • For supervisors the sign-in code is: uwh2


    • LifeMatters helps UW–Madison employees and their household dependents when they have problems that could affect their work.

    • LifeMatters staff are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.

    • Call LifeMatters at (800) 634-6433 or text “Hello” to 61295.

  • University Ombuds Office

    • You can talk about complaints, problems, options, and resources with employees called “Ombuds.”

    • Your conversation with Ombuds is confidential.

    • Ombuds do not share any information without your permission, unless following federal and state regulations.

    • Ombuds work for fairness in the workplace. They do not take sides.

    • Call University Ombuds at (608) 265-9992 or go to

  • Divisional Disability Representative (DDR)-