Motivating to development
Fondazione Hallgarten-Franchetti Centro Studi Villa Montesca (Italy)
Motivating to development:
The ability to encourage learners to achieve learning goals by developing their knowledge, competencies and talents.
- To learn to make learning convenient and accessible
- To learn to offer regular constructive feedback throughout the learning process/path
- To learn to appeal to different learning preferences in order to match learners’ personal needs
- To learn to train learners’ thinking, to improve their perseverance and patience
- To learn to enrich learners by fostering the building of self-esteem and self-confidence
Criteria which are needed to show your skills and knowledge related to this soft skill:
- is able to make learning convenient and accessible for learners
- is able to offer regular constructive feedback throughout the learning process/path
- is able to appeal to different learning preferences in order to match learners’ personal needs
- is able to train learners’ thinking, to improve their perseverance and patience
- is able to enrich learners by fostering the building of self-esteem and self-confidence
How to improve this specific soft skill:
Listen to the SOSTRA podcast ( audio, 11:03 min)
or use other additional learning material listed here (when translating you may use national sources):
- Improving Adult Literacy Instruction - Supporting Learning and Motivation https://www.nap.edu/read/13469/chapter/5
- Cultivating Intrinsic Motivation and Creativity in the classroom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2eRnhBvI_I
- What makes a good teacher great? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrU6YJle6Q4
Show your skills:
Link your evidence to the badge application form
- Save some videos (max. 30 min) related to your teaching or guiding sessions which show how motivating to development is important in your personal and professional development.
- Or write a self-reflective essay related to the learning objectives and badge criteria (max length 1-2 pages).
- Or if you think some other evidence is relevant for Motivating to development skill, please add the documentation or insert the link of your evidence into the application form.