Motivating to development
Fondazione Hallgarten-Franchetti Centro Studi Villa Montesca (Italy)
Motivating to development:
The ability to encourage learners to achieve learning goals by developing their knowledge, competencies and talents.
- is able to make learning convenient and accessible
- is able to offer regular constructive feedback throughout the learning process/path.
- is able to appeal to different learning preferences in order to match learners’ personal needs.
- is able to train learners’ thinking, to improve their perseverance and patience.
- is able to enrich learners by fostering the building of self-esteem and self-confidence.
Criteria which are needed to show your skills and knowledge related to this soft skill:
- makes learning convenient and accessible for learners
- offers regular constructive feedback throughout the learning process/path
- appeals to different learning preferences in order to match learners’ personal needs
- trains learners’ thinking with the goal of improving their perseverance and patience
- enriches learners by fostering the building of self-esteem and self-confidence
How to improve this specific soft skill:
Listen to the SOSTRA podcast ( audio, 11:03 min)
or use other additional learning material listed here (when translating you may use national sources):
- Improving Adult Literacy Instruction - Supporting Learning and Motivation https://www.nap.edu/read/13469/chapter/5
- Cultivating Intrinsic Motivation and Creativity in the classroom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2eRnhBvI_I
- What makes a good teacher great? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrU6YJle6Q4
Show your skills:
Link your evidence to the badge application form
- Save some videos (max. 30 min) related to your teaching or guiding sessions which show how motivating to development is important in your personal and professional development.
- Or write a self-reflective essay related to the learning objectives and badge criteria (max length 1-2 pages).
- Or if you think some other evidence is relevant for Motivating to development skill, please add the documentation or insert the link of your evidence into the application form.
Applications will not be graded and it is not possible to apply for badges after the piloting period has ended 1.5.2020.