SKYRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS
TERm project - Term 2
Thank you for the many donations we received for our class store last term. We now have a fantastic class store that will be a great help to our students!
Term projects for this term are due by December 17. This term's project will be one of the following:
1) Donate two (2) items from the following list:
- Sanitizing wipes
- Paper plates & cups, plastic forks, knives, or spoons, or paper towels
- Packages of AA batteries
- Sheet protectors
- Packing tape
- Glue sticks
- A 3-hole punch
- School supplies (packages of pencils, pens, or erasers; singe notebooks or sketchbooks)
- Art supplies (packages of markers, colored pencils, paints/paint brushes, clay, etc.)
- Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Lego, or other fun items
- Drinks such as Gatorade, soda, or juice (multipack or 6 large bottles)
- Two (2) bags or fun-sized/snack-sized candies
- Five (5) full-sized candy bars (Reese’s, Kit-Kat, Twix, Hershey’s, Snickers, M&M’s, licorice, Skittles, etc.)
- Five (5) snack-size bags of chips, cookies, pretzels, etc.
- Hats (adjustable)
- T-shirts (various sizes - S to XXL)
- Seasonal items or other items based on student interest - see teacher for approval
2) Teach the students about something you enjoy doing, and then have them practice trying it. This helps our students expand their horizons, learn new things, and become more well-rounded and improve their life skills. To complete this assignment, you should do the following:
Prepare a 5-10 minute lesson/activity to teach the students in the Life Skills class about one of your hobbies. You will need to tell a little bit about your hobby, show an example, and teach the students a little bit about how to do it. For example, someone who enjoys dance may demonstrate a certain type of dance, and then have the students practice a few steps that you teach them. Someone who is interested in art might teach the students how to draw a certain item, and then have them practice. Most hobbies are acceptable, but please clear it with Mr. Figueira or Mrs. Gifford first. Please let us know if you have any questions!
All assignments, permission slips, and course requirements can be found in the course disclosure below. Please remember to turn in your signed disclosure, which is worth 20 points.
Need to makeup absences?
You may make up a total of 3 excused absences per term. To makeup participation points after an excused absence, you may do one of the following:
1) Come into Mr. Figueira's or Mrs. Gifford's room for one lunch period or Skytime period, and spend time socializing with students from the class.
2) Choose one activity from the list below for each excused absence you wish to makeup. You may makeup a total of 3 unexcused absences per term. Unexcused absences may not be made up.