About the Troop
TYPICAL MEETING FORMAT
- Opening Formation and Ceremony - starts promptly at 7:00 p.m. (be there at 6:45)
- Troop Program - related to Scout skills or upcoming event
- Patrol Meeting - plan patrol activities and work on advancement
- Inter-patrol Activity - patrol competition, game or recreational activity
- Closing Formation - completes promptly at 8:00 p.m.
- $150.00 per year (pay by September or $75 in September and in March)
- Campouts: Fees may be charged based on expenses required
- Summer Camp: Approximately $300- $500 (one week) for Camp Hi-Sierra, more for remote camps
- Average of 1 event per month
- Other special activities may be scheduled
- One week Summer Camp (June - August)
- One week Hi-Adventure event (50+ miler, BSA high adventure camps)
A complete formal Official Scout Uniform (with Scout pants and merit badge sash) is worn for Courts of Honor and Boards of Review. No Scout will be allowed in a Board of Review without a complete and proper uniform. This is considered a Class A uniform with merit badge sash.
A Scout is expected to be in Class A uniform in Troop meetings and to participate in other advancement activities such as Scoutmaster Conferences in preparation for Boards of Review, and counseling sessions either for merit badges or for Eagle project and rank applications.
Scouts should plan at minimum to bring their Troop 116 T-shirt on all trips and wear it when meeting for departure; they will be told in advance if a full uniform is needed on a campout or other service event.