Atlanta's ART (Artist, Owner), Wilmington, NC - (2012-Present)
· Established art business with mission of giving back to the community through fundraising.
· Created two-dimensional (2D) works of art using acrylic, watercolor, drawing, colored pencil, inks, and collage.
· Designed three-dimensional (3D) hand crafted Christmas ornaments for tree displays.
· Shaped tile mosaics to produce functional art items for the home.
· Wrote poetry for songs and greeting cards.
· Taught various art mediums and crafting techniques in a classroom setting.
· Promoted work of local artists through media campaigns and art shows.
· Participated in local fundraising campaigns for over 30 non-profit organizations.
Art Exhibitions - Exhibited original art pieces for public display at local museums.
· Fort Fisher Aquarium, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Festival of Trees - “Heart of Gold” (2019)
· Cameron Art Museum -“State of the Art/Art of the State” (2018, 2017, 2015, 2014)
· Fort Fisher Aquarium, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Festival of Trees - “Colors of the Deep” (2017)
· Bellamy Mansion - “Emerging Artists Showcase” (2014)
· Cameron Art Museum, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Festival of Trees - “Snow Angels” (2014)
· Cameron Art Museum, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Festival of Trees - “Angel's Wings” (2013)
Art Booths – Set up Atlanta’s ART booths to showcase my work and sell art prints from my original paintings. Proceeds donated to local and national charities.
· St. Mark Fall Festival Photo Booth (2022)
· Alzheimer’s Association “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
· Summer Celebration & Show, Michael's Craft Store (2017)
· “Pumpkin Fest” Fall Art Show, On The Border (2017)
· Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Coastal Carolina Branch “One Walk” (2014, 2012)
· Wilmington Ballet performances of the Nutcracker ballet (2013, 2012)
· NC Azalea Festival (2013)
· Wilmington Riverfest (2012)
Commissioned Work - Created original art pieces based on theme requests of clients.
· Lower Cape Fear Hospice, Children's Memorial Garden – “Garden of the Butterfly” Five acrylic paintings (2017)
· “African Sun” - Acrylic on canvas 24x48 for Lower Cape Fear Hospice Donation (2016)
· Quinn-McGowen “Reflections of Life” Butterfly Release - “Butterflies in the Rain Garden”
Six acrylic paintings and personal appearance (2014)
Gala Auctions - Donated prints from my original two-dimensional artwork for fundraising galas.
· Wilmington Area Rebuilding Ministries “Raise the Roof Gala” (2018, 2017, 2016)
· Lower Cape Fear Hospice Foundation “Last Chance for White Pants Gala” (2017, 2014)
· Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation “Hope Gala” (2015, 2014)
Visiting Artist – Designed and implemented arts and crafts lesson plans as part of presentation of my original artwork and story books to preschool and elementary age children.
Art Lessons – Taught private art lessons catered to individual's skill level and artistic goals.
Nominated by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Cape Fear Regional Chapter for “Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year” for the National Philanthropy Day Awards (2014).
Established the “Atlanta’s Art Fund” by Atlanta & Reynold Carrera Endowment Fund to provide for funding of children’s bereavement services for Lower Cape Fear Hospice Foundation.
Fine Art America (2014-present)
Wilmington Art Association (2020-present)
Wilmington Artists Facebook Group (2020-present)
WIN Women in Networking (2020-present)
University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC - (2020-present; 1982-1985)
Studio Art Major with minors in English and Psychology
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC - (2010)
Kenan-Flagler School of Business, Business Essentials Program Certification
Art Portfolio - UNCW Classes