Oil Painting for Beginners - Healthy Painting
Health and Safety Tips
Oil Paint is for use by adults and properly supervised children. They contain potentially hazardous materials and require care in use.
* Keep all artists material well out of the reach of children.
* Work in a well-ventilated space and do not smoke.
* Use acrylics if you have respiratory problems.
* Protect you hands by using barrier cream. Avoid prolonged skin contact with paint and wash your hand thoroughly.
* Do not suck your brushes. Do not spread butter with a palette knife.
* Replace lids on all paints. Keep lids on Turps at all times to avoid breathing the fumes. A very common bad thing is leaving a turpsy rag under your nose when you are working as it slowly fumes away.
Remember! Health is wealth.