HR & Payroll

Important Information for Graduate Students

  • If you are an international student and need to travel home, you are likely to need a verification letter. You can ask for one by emailing You can expect a turnaround in 24-48 hours during normal work days.
  • If you get a new I-20, typically for leaving the country, you need to do a new I-9 verification on return or you will not get paid.
  • Be careful about when you start jobs outside the university. RA and TA appointments go from the week before the Fall semester until almost the end of May. Any changes that require you to overlap a job offer with that timeframe can impact your tuition benefits and result in a surprise bill. See Jeanine Maiden or Laurel Kascht regarding your appointment dates in this situation.

HR Policies & More

Click for more Information :