Course: Computer Architecture
Sections A & B : Fall Semester 2013
Instructor: Dr. rer. nat. Yasir Niaz Khan
Section A: Tuesday and Thursday 11:30 - 12:50 (room New-10)
Section B: Tuesday and Thursday 2:30 - 3:50 (room New-3)
Office: in front of classroom New-8. Availability: 11am-5pm
1. M. Morris Mano, Computer System Architecture 3rd Edition 1993, Prentice Hall (chapter 1-8)
2. Michael J. Flynn, Computer Architecture, pipelined and parallel processor design, 1995, Jones and Barlett (chapter-5)
3. Tanenbaum (portions of Chapter 2, 4, 8)
1. David A. Patterson, John L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design: The hardware/software interface, 3rd Edition 2005, Morgan Kaufmann
- [21-11-13] Mid-2 rechecking of Qns 1 & 3 will take place on Friday 22 Nov from 12:45pm to 3:30pm. Rechecking of Qn 2 will take place on Tuesday 26 Nov from 3pm to 5pm.
- [07-11-13] Assignment-5 is to solve Mid-2 and submit till Wednesday 13.11.13 5pm in my office.
- [31-10-13] Topics for Pipelined Architecture added.
- [28-10-13] The classes on Tuesday 29-10-13 will take place.
- [22-10-13] There will be no class on Thursday 24-10-13. These classes will be rescheduled next week.
- [10-10-13] Assignment-4 is to solve Qn-1 & Qn-2 of Chapter-5 (Caching) and submit on Thursday (24-10-13). Slide it under my office door till 6 pm.
- [06-10-13] Marks of Midterm-1 start appearing (out of 70).
- [01-10-13] Assignment-3 is to solve the midterm-1 (as demonstrated in class) and submit it in your next class on 03-10-13.
- [03-09-13] Assignment-2 is available below. Deadline is Tuesday 10-09-13 in the first 10 minutes of the respective class only.
- [22-08-13] Assignment-1. Deadline: Tuesday 27-08-2013 at the start of the class (during attendance call) ONLY. (Section-B: only submit part A of assignment this time. Submit part B in the class on Thursday 29-08-2013)