AI summer 2013
Summer Semester 2013
Instructor: Dr. rer. nat. Yasir Niaz Khan
Textbook: Artificial Intelligence, A Modern Approach (AIMA), Stuart Russel & Peter Norvig, 3rd Edition
Lecture Timings: Mon, Wed & Friday, 11:00 - 12:50.
Office: In front of classroom New-8 (11am to 5pm).
- Introduction to AI (slides in group)
- Intelligent Agents (slides in group)
- Solving problems by searching
- Heuristic searches
- Adversarial search
- Logical Agents
- First-order logic
- Genetic algorithms
- Expert systems
- Probabilistic reasoning
- Neural networks
- Advanced topics in AI
- [26.07] Project submission deadline is Saturday 03-Aug till 4pm. Late submissions will get 2 marks deducted per hour. Submit by email and/or on Xeon server in folder: Summer2013/Artificial Intelligence/Project
- [24.07] Submit Project Proposals till Saturday 4 pm in my office or by email. Send your project name and members till Friday. Proposal carries 1 point from project.
- [17.07] Assignment 3. Deadline: Tuesday 23-07-13 till 12 o clock at night, by email.
- [03.07] Midterm will be held on Wednesday 10-07-13 during lecture time.
- [29.06] Assignment 2. Deadline: Sunday 07-07-13, 3 pm sharp, submission by email.
- [20.06] Assignment 1. Hints: In question 3: don't get confused between the choice numbers and the answers, e.g. choice B and answer B are different things. In question 1: the people on the island like riddles, so all the people are likely to answer in riddles.
- [19.06] slides for lecture 2 available in discussion group.
- [17.06] slides available for lecture 1 in the discussion group.