CS-401: Artificial Intelligence
Spring Semester 2015, FAST–NU, Lahore
Instructor: Dr. Yasir Niaz Khan (yasir.khan (AT) nu.edu.pk)
Lectures: Tuesday, Thursday at 11:30 am (sec-C) & 3:00 pm (sec-D)
- Artificial Intelligence, Stuart Russel & Peter Norvig, 3rd Edition
- Artificial Intelligence, George F. Luger
Course Website: http://www.yasirniaz.com/teaching/ai_spring15
Course Material: \\xeon\Faculty\Dr. Yasir Niaz\Teaching\AI_Spr15
Office: In Liberty Lab for Robotics, ground floor, admin block.
- Introduction to AI
- Intelligent Agents
- Solving problems by searching
- Heuristic searches
- Adversarial search
- Logical Agents
- First-order logic
- Game Playing
- Expert systems
- Probabilistic reasoning
- Neural networks
- Genetic algorithms
- Fuzzy Systems
- Advanced topics in AI (Multi-Agents, etc)
* Cheating will result in zero weightage in assignments or quizzes or both.
* There will be multiple quizzes and assignments, but only 3 of each will be marked randomly.
- Marks-C, Marks-D, CP
- Assignments Evaluation on Thursday 1pm onwards in Liberty Lab.
- Mid-2 Marks. Rechecking on Wednesday at 2:30-3pm and 4:30-5pm.
- Project Evaluation Schedule: Email me your preferred time slot.
- Mid-1 Marks
- Project Ideas. Get your project approved from me in groups of two and submit a proposal by Thursday 26-Mar-2015.
- Assignment-1. Submission Deadline: Wed 11-03-2015 till 10pm.