Gideon Polya, “Universal Declaration of Human Rights & Palestinians. Apartheid Israel violates ALL Palestinian Human Rights”, MWC News, 24 January 2009.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights & Palestinians. Apartheid Israel violates ALL Palestinian Human Rights
The invasion-, occupation- , theft- , genocide-, lying- and race-based State of Israel comprehensively violates ALL basic human rights of the Indigenous Occupied Palestinian People as set out below with explanations in square brackets appended to the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights (see: http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html ).
Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
[1.5 million Israeli Palestinians suffer race-based Apartheid-style laws (race-based ID, marriage and social participation restrictions as in Nazi Germany and Apartheid South Africa); ditto 4 million Occupied Palestinians who are still abusively imprisoned in West Bank and Gaza “Bantustans” (“Concentration Camps”, “Prisons”) in an over 40 year imprisonment without charge or trial and in gross violation of International Law and the 1968 UN Security Council Resolution 252 ; 7 million Indigenous Palestinian refugees are denied even their own property and residence in their own land].
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
[See #1; in addition while the Jewish Israelis (5.5 million) have an ostensible Western-style democracy, the 1.5 million Indigenous Palestinian Israelis, about 20% of the population of Apartheid Israel, are represented by 2 major Arab parties in the Knesset which hold 7 seats (6% of the total of 120) – however Apartheid Israel has now banned these parties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knesset ; the 4 million Occupied Palestinians had elections under Occupier guns in 2006 that gave Hamas an overwhelming victory with 76 seats as compared to Fatah’s 43 out of a total of 132 – however Apartheid Israel arrested many Hamas MPs, tried to kill them in the 2008-2009 Gaza Atrocity, declared Hamas to be ”terrorists” and only deals with the minority Fatah party (followed in this by the US, UK, the EU and racist White Australia) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas ].
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
[See #1; in addition, post-invasion excess deaths in the Occupied Palestinian Territory total 0.3 million; post-invasion under-5 year old infant deaths total 0.2 million; 3,000 Occupied Palestinian under-5 year old infants die each year , 2,400 (80%) avoidably due to war criminal Occupier non-provision of life-sustaining food and medical requisites unequivocally demanded of Occupiers by Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention: http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/92.htm ; Apartheid Israel has been blockading and bombing what the Catholic Church describes as the Gaza “concentration camp” holding 1.5 million inmates; in December 2008-January 2009 Apartheid Israel killed 1,300 Gazans by shelling and bombing as reprisals for ZERO (0) Israeli deaths from Gaza rockets in the preceding year, an atrocity conducted against one of the most densely populated parts of the world by naval and tank shelling and air force high explosive and phosphorus bombs].
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
[See #1 and #2; the Occupied Palestinian Territory has been illegally occupied for over 40 years by racist, anti-Arab anti-Semitic, war criminal Apartheid Israel; the Occupied Palestinians have been deprived of all Human Rights and are essentially “slaves” whose “job” is to validate the continuing, “terror hysteria-based” illegal Occupation of all of the Holy Land plus part of Syria by Apartheid Israel].
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
[Abusive imprisonment without charge or trial of Occupied Palestinians for over 40 years in “Bantustans”; policing of these Concentration Camps not by armed police (as in Apartheid South Africa) but by the Israeli military using civilian targeting naval, aerial and land bombardment. In the last week of December 2008 and first 3 weeks of 2009 , Apartheid Israel “punished” the Gaza Concentration Camp by aerial, tank and naval bombardment, killing 1,300 Gazans in 4 WEEKS as an indiscriminate reprisal for 28 Israelis killed by Gazan rockets and mortars over 8 YEARS, a death ratio of 15, 50% greater than that ordered by Adolph Hitler in March 1944 and executed by Nazi German troops in the Ardeatine Caves Massacre in Italy – 335 Italians shot in reprisal for the immediately prior deaths of 33 Nazi German soldiers (death ratio 10): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardeatine_massacre . Indeed these current Israeli “reprisals” killed 1,300 Gaza Palestinians as ostensible reprisals for ZERO (0) Israeli deaths from rockets in the preceding year, this giving a “reprisals death ratio” of 1,300/ 0 = INFINITY, an horrendous statement of remorseless, genocidal racism on the part of Apartheid Israel ].
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
[Apartheid Israel rejects the authority of the International Criminal Court; ignores UN Security Council Resolution 252 and other UN Resolutions, rejects decisions of the International Court of Justice over the notorious Wall that is akin to the Berlin Wall and the Warsaw Ghetto wall, and refuses entry to the Occupied Palestinian Territory of medical supplies and of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Occupied Palestinian Territory Representative, outstanding Jewish American law professor Professor Richard Falk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Falk . 1.5 million Israeli Palestinians are horrendously discriminated against by race-based, Nazi-style Apartheid laws (see #1); 4 million Occupied Palestinians have NO human rights as specified by Articles 1-30 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights].
All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
[See #1-6; the 4 million Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Concentration Camp inmates have no protection from law from horrendous Israeli violence and other abuses].
Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
[See #1-8; 4 million Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Concentration Camp inmates are held in shocking conditions without charge, trial or basic human rights (now for over 40 years); 7 million Palestinian refugees, 4.3 million registered with the UN].
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
[See # 1-9].
(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
(2) No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.
[See #1-10; thousands of Occupied Palestinians imprisoned by Apartheid Israel in high security prisons; 4 million Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Concentration Camp inmates are held in shocking conditions without charge, trial or basic human rights].
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
[See #1-11 for absence of protection for Occupied Palestinians of properly constituted law for anything – they are subject to collective punishment by violent death without any legal proceeding anywhere; their overwhelmingly democratically-elected representatives are imprisoned, hunted down and defamed as “terrorists” by Apartheid Israel (with the complicity of the “democratic Nazi” states of the Western Murdochracies, namely the US, the UK, the EU and racist White Australia)].
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
[Occupied Palestinians are forbidden freedom of movement and residence within their Homeland, Palestine, and also within the Occupied Palestinian Territory; 7 million Indigenous Palestinian refugees are forbidden to return to their country and their property; movement is blocked by military-guarded roadblocks, the Wall, barbed wire, and Jews-only highways].
(1) Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
(2) This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
[Palestinian refugees represent the single largest group of refugees in the world and are forbidden by Apartheid Israeli to return to their Homeland in gross violation of International Law; Palestinian refugees in racist Zionist-run Holy Land are horribly abused in their own land by Apartheid Israel].
(1) Everyone has the right to a nationality.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.
[Israeli Indigenous Palestinians have been forced to adopt the race-specific nationality of their colonial Occupiers who are still engaged in horrendous violence and genocide against their fellow Indigenous Palestinians. Occupied Palestinians have been denied a nation and hence a nationality by racist, Nazi-style Zionist colonialists].
(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
[Israeli Apartheid Laws prohibit Jewish Israelis or Palestinian Israelis from marrying Occupied Palestinians – an utterly obscene and offensive law reminiscent of Nazi and Apartheid South African laws] .
(1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.
[7 million Palestinians have been deprived of their property, land and indeed right of residence in their own country. Apartheid Israel rejects UN Security Council Resolution 252 that demands return of land and property seized after the illegal occupation of the Occupied Palestinian Territory by the State of Israel].
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
[Muslim and Christian Palestinians are routinely forbidden by Apartheid Israel to attend worship in Jerusalem, one of the holiest places for Muslims and Christians] .
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
[The 2 major Arab parties representing 1.5 million Indigenous Palestinian Israelis have been banned by the Jewish Israeli-majority Apartheid Israel. Hamas was overwhelmingly democratically elected in the 2006 Occupied Palestinian elections held under Occupier guns (Hamas 76, Fatah 43, total seats 132). Apartheid Israel and many of its Western backers have declared Hamas a “terrorist organization”, imprisoned many elected representatives and killed many Hamas officials].
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
(2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
[See #19; major Arab parties banned in Apartheid Israel; the majority party in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, Hamas, has also been outlawed by Apartheid Israel and its racist, anti-Arab anti-Semitic US, UK, EU and racist White Australian backers. Indigenous Palestinian Israelis live in a race-specific state under race-specific laws].
(1) Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
(2) Everyone has the right of equal access to public service in his country.
(3) The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures.
[see #19 & #20; Occupied Palestinians are denied even democratic self-rule under Occupation; Indigenous Palestinian Israelis are now denied parliamentary representation through the banning of their 2 major Parties].
Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
[Occupied Palestinians are being deliberately starved and deprived with consequent huge avoidable death, especially of infants. It is estimated that 2,400 under-5 year old Occupied Palestinians die avoidably from deprivation each year (80% of the 3,000 annual infant deaths) and that about 4,300 Occupied Palestinians die avoidably each year from deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease. Hamas, the key organization involved in social services to the Occupied Palestinians, has been banned by Apartheid Israel and its racist Western backers as a “terrorist” organization].
(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
[Occupied Palestine unemployment is very high and Occupied Palestinian employment in various areas is restricted or prevented by blockade and other Apartheid Israeli violence; Indigenous Palestinian Israelis have restricted employment due to Zionist racism and restrictive Apartheid Laws].
Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
[Occupied Palestinians are, for example, forbidden to go to the beaches of their own country that are part of Apartheid Israel proper. Even a family that went to the beach in the Gaza Concentration Camp was all killed (except for a surviving daughter) by deliberate Israeli naval shelling and Gazans are forbidden by the racist Zionists from fishing for food in boats].
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
[See #22. Occupied Palestinians have no rights and are horribly deprived (e.g. see shocking UNICEF, WHO and UN Population Division statistics); this is reflected in huge avoidable mortality (post-invasion excess deaths in the Occupied Palestinian Territory total 0.3 million, post-invasion under-5 year old infant deaths total 0.2 million, 3,000 Occupied Palestinian under-5 year old infants die each year, 2,400 (80%) avoidably, and 4,300 Occupied Palestinians die avoidably each year due to deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease)].
(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
(2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
(3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
[Occupied Palestinians live in extreme poverty and their children suffer acute trauma and deprivation in all areas including education; see UNICEF summation: http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/oPt.html ].
(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
[See # 26].
Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.
[See #1-#27. Occupied Palestinians are denied ALL human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights].
(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
[See # 1-28; Occupied Palestinians are denied ALL human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights].
Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
[As outlined above Apartheid Israel has violated ALL Articles of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights in relation to 4 million Occupied Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Concentration Camps/Bantustans and many of the rights of Indigenous Palestinian Israeli “second class citizens” who are subject to Nazi-style, race-based Apartheid laws and the continuing and articulated Israeli threat of further genocide].
This analysis demonstrates that Apartheid Israel comprehensively robs Occupied Palestinians of ALL human rights as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as well as violating many of the rights of Indigenous Palestinian Israeli “second class citizens”.
50% of the Palestinians are children and 75% women and children. Anyone who KNOWINGLY ignores, denies, minimizes, excuses, obfuscates, advocates, supports or is otherwise complicit in the gross abuse of women and children (or indeed of anyone) as perpetrated by racist Zionist (RZ)-run Apartheid Israel has crossed the line separating decent humanity from Nazi-style barbarism.
The Nazi-style racist Zionists (RZs) obscenely and FALSELY use the Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) to justify their gross abuse of Palestinian human rights in the name of “security” (yet “airport level” Holy Land security is readily achievable – and indeed is already substantially in place - with bipartisan and international involvement; thus the “annual death rate” from Gaza rockets is 0.5 Israeli deaths per million per year, about the same as that of rapist husbands killed by raped wives: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/2009/01/11/2298249-gaza-missiles-homicide-rate-equals-that-by-raped-wives- ).
The core messages from the Jewish Holocaust are “zero tolerance for racism”, “never again to anyone” and “bear witness” – fundamental messages grossly violated by the racist Zionists (RZs) and their Western supporters in their egregiously racist, continuing occupations, invasions, mass murder, genocide and LYING.
Decent people successfully applied Sanctions and Boycotts against US-, UK-, White Australia- and Apartheid-Israel-backed Nazi-style Apartheid South Africa for its egregious racism – and should similarly apply intra-national and international boycotts against US-, UK-, EU- and White Australia-backed, Nazi-style Apartheid Israel and its racist backers in order to stop its genocidal violence, illegal occupations and gross abuses of Humanity.
Do YOUR bit – inform everyone you can. The racist Zionists (RZs) must be sidelined in all decent societies - just as the Nazis, neo-Nazis and KKK have been removed by public disgust from public life. The crimes of the racist Zionists go beyond those inflicted on the Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims – indeed their most vile crime is egregious ends-justify-the-means Goebbelsian LYING that has created an acutely dangerous, human rights-violating Culture of Lying and Spin in the Western Murdochracies.
There must be zero tolerance for racism and zero tolerance for LYING in a world facing the prospect of Climate Genocide in which, according to top UK climate scientist Professor Lovelock FRS, only 500 million people (mostly European) will survive unaddressed, man-made global warming this century.