Gideon Polya, “9-11 Excuse for US Global Genocide. The REAL 9-11 atrocity: 9-11 Million Dead in Bush Wars”, MWC News, submitted 12 September 2008.
9-11 Excuse for US Global Genocide. The REAL 9-11 atrocity: 9-11 Million Dead in Bush Wars
The 7th anniversary of the 9-11 atrocity (3,000 Americans murdered) is marked by mounting scepticism over who was responsible. However this quite proper focus on “who did 9-11” nevertheless obscures what is outrageously ignored by the Mainstream media and politicians of the Western Murdochracies – the horrendous million post-9/11, 6-9 million post-invasion avoidable deaths associated with US and US-backed war and occupation around the World from Occupied Haiti to US-invaded Waziristan in Pakistan. The “9/11 excuse” was used to start the so-called Bush War on Terror which was an extension of the post-1990 Bush War for Oil initiated after the fall of Soviet Communism. The Bush I and Bush II Bush Wars (1990-2008) have so far been associated with an estimated 9-11 million avoidable deaths as carefully estimated below.
The transparent, Hollywood script absurdity of the Bush Administration “official version” of 9-11 is revealed by the following brief summary. Bush-ite and neo-Bush-ite governments, Mainstream media and politicians around the world still proclaim the “official version” of the egregiously dishonest Bush Administration that the 9-11 atrocity was allegedly done by 19 hijackers (allegedly 16 Saudi Arabians, 1 Egyptian, 1 Lebanese and 2 from the United Arab Emirates, some of whom were allegedly trainee light aircraft pilots and allegedly armed with box cutters), enabled by the extraordinary stand-down of US air defences and resulting in destruction of 4 passenger planes (2 in New York, 1 in Pennsylvania and 1 at the Pentagon in Virginia) , the unique, circa 10-second collapse of three skyscrapers (the only skyscrapers to have ever collapsed associated with internal fires) and damage to the Pentagon, with all this leaving a remarkable paucity of physical evidence of passenger planes, passengers and perpetrators.
We do not know who did 9-11. However the methodology to determine “who did 9-11” must necessarily be scientific, this involving the critical testing of potentially falsifiable hypotheses – as opposed to anti-science spin, which involves the selective use of asserted facts to support a partisan position. The egregiously dishonest Bush Administration , its lackeys and supporters have used anti-science spin rather than science to back up the “official version” - indeed this is underscored by the general and anti-scientific labelling of “alternative scientific hypotheses” as “conspiracy theories”. The credibility of the Bush Administration proponents of the “official version” has been further hugely eroded by revelations of their massive, orchestrated post-9/11 dishonesty e.g. a study by the prestigious US Center for Public Integrity has estimated that 935 false statements about Iraq alone were issued by the White House in the two years after 9-11 (see: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23098129-401,00.html ).
Scholars for 9-11 truth have gathered evidence consistent with the hypothesis of “controlled demolition” of the World Trade Center (WTC) buildings (see: http://s911t.org/ ); dozens of top US military men have challenged the “official version” of 9/11 (see MWC News: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/23294/42/ ); and 2 top Swiss academic researchers at the prestigious Zurich ETH, as reported in the largest Swiss newspaper, "Blick", have seriously questioned the Bush "official version" of what happened on 9/11 ( “Je mehr wir forschen, desto mehr zweifeln wir” i.e. “the more we investigate the more doubtful we become”), placing equal weight on the 3 obvious hypotheses about “who did 9-11?”, specifically (1) men in caves (the “official version”), (2) US passive complicity (i.e. the Bush Administration allowed 9-11 to happen, just as happened at Pearl Harbor) and (3) the US and its associates were directly responsible for 9/11) (for details, documentation and discussion see “US responsible for 9-11?” on MWC News: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/22944/26/ ).
We don’t know YET who was responsible for 9-11 but the major publicly-canvassed hypotheses (as perceived by the Swiss academics) remain as follows:
(1) Hollywood-style “Third World fanatics”, “men in caves”, Bush “official version” - this is the version from the egregiously dishonest Bush Administration and still adhered to by Mainstream media and politicians in the Western Murdochracies.
(2) US passive complicity in 9-11 - this view has massive support form Americans themselves with a CNN poll indicating that 90% of Americans believe that the US Government is covering up over 9-11 and a Zogby poll showing that 50% of New Yorkers believe that the US let 9-11 happen. Most Americans when polled believe that the Bush Administration either actively (through evil) or passively (through incompetence) allowed 9/11 to happen. Even Establishment conservative Al Gore in his recent book "The Assault on Reason" asserts that Bush was “criminally negligent” over 9-11 (impelled by the new freeze in US-Russian relations due to the US-backed genocidal Georgian invasion of South Ossetia, the Russians may now be preparing to let the cat out of the bag via a debate on 9-11 on state-owned Russian national TV; see: http://gpolya.newsvine.com/_news/2008/09/10/1851135-top-us-writer-tarpley-sept-12-russian-national-tv-debate-over-911-truth-already-taped- ).
(3) US and associates (e.g. Apartheid Israel) were responsible for 9-11 - former president of Italy, law professor, senator-for-life and intelligence intimate Francesco Cossiga stated in interview with a top Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera that the US and Israel did 9-11 (see “Were US & Israel behind 9-11?” on MWC News: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/18569/26/ ). A substantial body of people around the world now accept direct US involvement in the 9-11 atrocity. Thus Willis Carto, editor of the American Free Press newspaper, has recently told Al Jazeera that 9-11 was "perpetrated by the Israeli Mossad in conjunction with the American government. There's no real evidence whatsoever that the official story of the planes smashing into the building was true. It's impossible to believe that a few furtive little characters armed with box cutters who had no idea how to fly ... could have manouvered the planes like this. There are so many holes in the story that no one in his right mind can believe it" (for further details and a global poll see Al Jazeera: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2008/09/200891133339749344.html).
The very proper focus on those responsible for the 9-11 atrocity (3,000 victims) has nevertheless obscured the REAL 9-11 atrocity – the 9-11 million post-invasion avoidable deaths associated with the Bush Wars from 1990-2008, of which all but 2 million have been associated with the post-9-11 George W. Bush War on Terror that in horrible actuality is an obscene War for Oil, a cowardly, racist War on Women and Children, and, more specifically, a War on Arab, Muslim, Non-European, Asian and African Women and Children.
The breakdown of this horrendous total of 9-11 million violent and non-violent avoidable deaths (excess deaths) in the post-1990 Bush Wars is outlined below, noting that non-violent avoidable deaths (the difference between actual deaths and deaths expected in a peaceful, decently governed country) can be estimated from the latest UN Population Division demographic data, from which one can also independently estimate under-5 year old infant deaths. For impoverished Third World countries, under-5 infant deaths are about 0.7 of total avoidable deaths and thus one can more readily estimate “non-violent avoidable deaths” in such countries by first estimating under-5 infant deaths (see “Layperson’s guide to counting Iraq deaths” on MWC News: http://mwcnews.net/content/view/5872/26/ ). Violent deaths in US war zones are difficult to determine (General Tommy Franks famously stating “We don’t do body counts”) but have been estimated for Occupied Iraq at about 1.2 million (as of September 2008) by polls conducted by top UK polling organization ORB and by top US medical epidemiologists from Columbia University and the prestigious Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University and published in the top medical journal The Lancet (see “Iraqi Genocide”: http://www.brusselstribunal.org/Messages190308.htm#polya ).
1. Iraq under Sanctions and Occupied Iraq (1990- September 2008): under-5 infant deaths 1.9 million, indicative of 2.8 million total non-violent excess deaths to which we must add 0.2 million Bush I Gulf War violent deaths and an average estimate of 1.2 million post-invasion violent deaths (as compared to about 1 million 2003-2008 non-violent excess deaths) i.e. a total of 4.2 million excess deaths (there are now also about 6 million Iraqi refugees).
2. Occupied Afghanistan (October 2001- September 2008): post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 2.1 million, indicative of 3.0 million total excess deaths; however independent estimate of post-invasion excess deaths (from relative total mortality data) is 3.9 million.. If we conservatively estimate that the ratio of violent to non-violent deaths in Occupied Afghanistan is only HALF that in Occupied Iraq i.e. 0.6 rather than 1.2, then the post-invasion violent excess deaths in Occupied Afghanistan total 1.8 million. Accordingly post-invasion excess deaths in Occupied Afghanistan can be estimated at about 3.9-5.7 million or roughly 4-6 million (there are now also about 4 million Afghan refugees).
3. Occupied Haiti (February 2004-September 2008; invaded and democratically -elected President Aristide renditioned to Africa by US forces in February 2004): post-invasion under-5 infant deaths about 0.08 million and post-invasion non-violent excess deaths 0.12 million i.e. roughly 0.1 million.
4. Occupied Somalia (July 2006-September 2008); US Navy-assisted Ethiopian invasion and occupation in Somalia): post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 0.2 million, indicative of 0.3 million post-invasion non-violent excess deaths.
5. However we must also add the 0.6 million global post-invasion opiate drug-related deaths (about 50,000 in the US) due to US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry to 93% of world market share in 2007, as compared to only 5% in 2001 (UN Office on Drugs and Crime World Drug Report 2007: http://www.unodc.org/ ).
This tally does NOT include post-invasion excess deaths linked to Bush I and Bush II policies in other US-backed occupations, namely in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (1967-2008 in violation of the UN Security Council Resolution 252 and the 2004 finding of the International Court of Justice; post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 0.2 million, post-invasion excess deaths 0.3 million, and Palestinian refugees totalling 7 million), Occupied Lebanon (1982-2000 and then again in 2006), Occupied Syria (1967-2008), Occupied Diego Garcia (100% ethnically cleansed by the UK and the US) and in Pakistan (currently being invaded with bipartisan, Obama-McCain US political support by US ground forces, the first such territorial occupation in the former British Raj by Anglo forces since Indian and Pakistani Independence in 1947).
The number of under-5 year old infant deaths associated with the Bush Wars (see items 1-5 above) totals 4.3 million. The number of violent and non-violent excess deaths in countries invaded and occupied in the Bush Wars plus the post-invasion, US-complicit, global opiate drug-related deaths total 9-11 million.
The question of “who did 9-11” is still furiously discussed – thus a Google search for “9-11” elicits 202 million URLs. However the horrendous reality of 9-11 million excess deaths in the Bush Wars is almost completely IGNORED – thus a Google search for the phrase “excess death” coupled with the word “Iraq” elicits about 6,000 URLs and a Google search for the phrase “excess death” coupled with the word “Afghanistan” elicits about 3,000 URLs.
Indeed the carnage in Occupied Iraq (post-invasion excess deaths 2 million, post-invasion under-5 infant deaths 0.6 million, 6 million refugees) and in Occupied Afghanistan (post-invasion excess deaths 4-6 million, under-5 infant deaths 2.1 million and refugees totalling 4 million) are indicative of an Iraqi Genocide and an Afghan Genocide as defined by Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention (“acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group”). Yet, to the best of my knowledge, out of 6.6 billion people on the Planet Earth (Terra) and in addition to myself, the only writers referring to the Iraqi Genocide number 3 (outstanding US scholar Dr Weissbrot of Just Foreign Policy, outstanding Pakistan-UK writer Tariq Ali and outstanding Australian-UK writer John Pilger) and the only writer referring to the Afghan Genocide is outstanding US law professor Ali Khan.
The REAL 9-11 atrocity is the horrendous carnage of 9-11 million violent and non-violent avoidable deaths (excess deaths, deaths that did not have to happen) associated with the genocidal Bush Wars for Oil and Global Hegemony.
Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. Please inform everyone you can.