Someone once asked me what Ongytenes means. It is Old English for knowledge.
is what this site is about. I have always enjoyed teaching others. So
as a hobby,
I have set this site up to share knowledge with others. I
feel that to hoard knowledge is
wrong and to pass it on to the next
generation enriches society.
So enjoy the information, and remember, pass it on
- I'm back to posting videos on my YouTube channel. I have finally acquired a new computer that is able to do the video editing I needed.
- For the past few weeks I been transitioning from Gambas 2 to 3.11. Only complaint I had with version 3 is the editor's spacing gets off as I type.
- I have switched from Ubuntu to Linux Mint since I found Mate more to my liking than Unity.
- Have Started adding pages for programming. See the Code
- Have opened an Instructable's Account
- Have taken time off from work to care for my parents who have been diagnosed with cancer. Not sure as how long my hiatus will be.
- My good computer was destroyed by lighting. Resorted to using an ancient and slow computer with a defective video card. This will certainly crimp my rendering video tutorials.
Latest Video Uploaded
Noticed that Google Docs now have Speech recognition and just had to try it out. Found it to do a pretty decent job. I tested it in Linux-Mint version 17.3.
Uploaded February 27, 2016
(through surveys and statistics)
the number of people using GNU/Linux operating systems.
Current Linux Distros in Use:
Notice: Some machines multi-boots different distributions.
An ignorant person is like a carpenter without tools.