Task 1a: Keyboard shortcuts
If you do a lot of text manipulation like COPYing/PASTEing new text from changes to this website since your copied it to make it your own, it will be much easier if you
know a few keyboard shortcuts. Please review the following PC list.
“Select... “ means to start at the beginning of text you want to
manipulate and hold the left mouse button until you reach the end of the
item., then release the button. Text should be highlighted/selected.
If you use a MAC, click http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1343 to view MAC shortcuts and learn only the ones mentioned above for the PC.
|Ctrl+A||Select all items in a document or window|
|Copy the selected item
||Cut the selected item
|Paste the selected item
||Undo an action
||Redo an action
||Open a search box to find something.
Task 1b: Moving table of "Contents"
I've placed most table of "Contents" below the main part of each page so that that section appears at the top when it is printed.
You can easily move the table of "Contents" to wherever you wish by 1) simply hovering over its base, 2) clicking "X" to delete it, 3) positioning your cursor where you want to inert the new table of "Contents", 4) click "Insert", then 5) click "Table of Contents".
Task 1c: Renaming a web page
- You need to have made this site YOURS! before you can rename a web page.
the “Edit Icon” in the upper right. It looks like a pencil. Locate the "More" pull down to the right and click
- Click on "Page Settings".
- Under "URL" change the name to what ever you wish.
Task 1d: Deleting a web page
- You need to have made this site YOURS! before you can delete a web page.
Task 1e: Relocating a web page
- You need to have made this site YOURS! before you can relocate a web page.
Task 1f: Creating a new web page
- You need to have made this site YOURS! before you can create a new web page.
the “Edit Icon” in the upper right. It looks like a pencil. Hover your
mouse over the icon to the right and it will say “Create a Page”. Click
- Name the new page. For this example I will call it "Quotes".
- Ignore the “Template” option.
- Keep the default location to “Put page at the top level”. You can change it later if you wish.
- Click red box “Create” and you will taken to your new page in “Edit” mode..
- Edit the title to be whatever you wish. I’d suggest keeping it “Quotes”.
- Type anything into the body.
- Click “Save”.
- Now we need to place your new web page under an appropriate location in the left navigation sidebar.
- Click the “More” box to the right of the “Create a page” icon.
- Click on “Manage site”.
- In the left sidebar click “Site layout”.
- Find the line that says “Navigation: Edit | Delete” and click “Edit”.
- On the left side below the scrollable box find “Add Page” and click it.
the “Select page to be added” read down the alphabetical list of all
the web pages and find “Quotes”. Click on it to highlight it,
then click “OK”
- Now use the scroll bar in the ”Select pages to show” box and go to the bottom. “Quotes” should appear at the bottom.
the right of the scroll bar are five arrows and an “X”. Click the
“North” arrow to move “Quotes” to a new location. NOTE that you
will need to also scroll up to follow the movement of your new page. Use the “East”
arrow to indent the new page.
If you want to see if there have been updates to this web page SINCE you
COPied it for your own use, COPY this linkhttps://sites.google.com/site/mylifeworkplan/misc/changemysite#TOC-Updates and
PASTE it into your browser, or click the Edit icon and convert it to an
Keep this link - https://sites.google.com/site/mylifeworkplan/
- to the original source of the template website and periodically visit the
"Updates" section of each web page to see if there are any changes that
you would like to copy to your site.
If you see something in this web page or this website that should be changed, added or improved, please click here
Imbed audio under here