40% - A note to parents and teachers
This page is 40% done. I'll remove the "nn%" from the title when this web page is 100% done.
Early career/LifeWork planning tasks
Your child's joy and happiness is one of your primary concerns, and, thus, you will want to help your child master career planning skills. (See NCDA and NCDG)
You probably wonder how early you should start and what you should do. The following is a guide for 3 age groups (+/- 2 years for each task).
- Children (ages 6-12) are encouraged to write down a simply "list"* of their interests without regard for relative importance or explanation. The NCDG states that the first task is to be able to list one's interests. If you (the parent) create and maintain a copy of this LifeWork Planning (e)portfolio template for your child, copy their "interests" list* to E1: My early interests.
- Youth (ages 13-15 and adults just starting this process) are encouraged to reflect upon and prioritize their "interests" list* and explore occupations that relate to those interests.
- Age ~13 - Grade 7 ... (Middle school/Junior High - Teenager)
- Age ~14 - Grade 8
- Age ~15 - Grade 9 ... (High school - freshman)
- Youth (ages 16 and over and adults just starting this process) are encouraged to create and maintain their own copy of this LifeWork Planning (e)portfolio template and copy their "interests" list* to E2: My top 5 interests.
* Print the list, fold it and carry it with you to periodically review, reflect upon, revise and reprint.
Please IGNORE the rest of this page which is under development.
If you want to see if there have been updates to this web page SINCE you COPied it for your own use, COPY this link https://sites.google.com/site/mylifeworkplan/parents#TOC-Updates and PASTE it into your browser, or click the Edit icon and convert it to an active hyperlink.
Keep this link - https://sites.google.com/site/mylifeworkplan/ - to the original source of the template website and periodically visit the "Updates" section of each web page to see if there are any changes that you would like to copy to your site.
If you see something in this web page or this website that should be changed, added or improved, please click here.