- Dates. August 5-9, 2014
- Venue. College of Economics and Finance, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
- Lecturers. (Alphabetical order)
- In-Koo Cho (UIUC)
- Akihiko Matsui (University of Tokyo)
- Ariel Rubinstein (Tel Aviv University and New York University)
- Joel Sobel (University of California, San Diego)
- Asher Wolinsky (Northwestern University)
- The program of the summer school consists of lectures and
student presentations. Each of the 5 lecturers will deliver two 100 minutes
lectures on a topics of his choice within economic theory. A few additional
sessions will be allocated to short student presentations of their own research.
In addition, students will have opportunities to interact informally with
- To have a better idea of the format of the summer school,
please see the program of the 2013 Summer School.
- Only electronic submission will be accepted from January 1, 2014, until February 28, 2014.
- Before pointing your web browser to the application site, please go over the checklist.
- Following the instructions, please file your application here.
- Cost and Travel Support
- Registration fee for the summer school is $250.
- We plan to offer modest travel support for participating students. The actual level of the support will be determined by the amount of available fund and the demand for the support. Last year, for example, we were able to offer free dormitory stay with breakfast and lunch while the summer school is in session, and covered roughly one half of the economy class airfare, for all participants. The scope and the size of this year's travel support will become clear by the time when the admission decision is made.
- Tentative Timeline
- You will be notified the admission decision sometime before March 31, 2014.
- If you are admitted and if you plan to come to the Summer School, you will be asked to register by April 15, 2014.
- After the registration is completed and we know exactly who will attend the Summer School, you will be asked (again) whether you would like to present your paper at the Summer School, around the end of April to organize the student presentations.
- We plan to announce the program for the Summer School around early June, 2014.
- If you have questions regarding applications or any other academic matters, please contact In-Koo Cho (University of Illinois) with "essummer2014" in the subject line.
- If you have questions about lodging, travel arrangement or other logistic matters, please contact Daekeun Park (Hanyang University).