Abstracts of Title (from Madalyn Frasier)
State of Texas to John Dickinson, assignee of William Wood, Patent No. 253, Vol 2, dated 18 Oct 1854; filed for record 28 Aug 1855, and recorded in Book C Pg 188, Burnet County Deed Records. Conveys 242.5 acres of land, by virtue of Donation Warrant No. 141 issued in consideration of said Woods having participated in the battle of San Jacinto. Names mentioned: John Dickinson, William Wood, L. F. Harris, R. Richter, Rudolph Richter, August Schroeter, John Bryan, S. A. J. Haynie, William O. Burnham, John A. Goodlet, E. Kloss, Emil Kloss, H. A. Hoppe, James Cole, heirs of N. M. Dawson, Phelps Johnson, Wesley Johnson, James C. Phelps, Herman Richter, D. B. Gracy, Victor Schmidt, Charles Wold, Alonzo Robinson, Henry Lages.
A. E. Wall to R. N. Singleton. Names mentioned: Curtis G. Lyda, R. N. Whitman, R. N. Singleton, Henry Smith, T. B. Wall, Dick Singleton, Annie M. Singleton, Kate Lyda, Bertha Whitman.
- Abstract of Title from Sovereignty of the Soil, prepared for Mrs. J. C. Terry, dated 30 Oct 1954; being a strip of land fronting on Ave. J, City of Marble Falls. Land deeded to George S. Rurner by Edwin Lacy 28 Sep 1891, and recorded in Vol. X, Pg 199, et. seq, Burnet County Deed Records. Names mentioned: Logan Vandeveer, Newton C. Givens, William O. Burnam, Xharles S. Todd, R. T. Posey, wm. O. Burns, G. W. Lacy, John Lacy, Caroline Lacy, wife of Ewing Lacy, George s. Turner, G. C. Terry, Mary P. Turner, J. E. Odiorne, R. H. Evans, R. E. Johnson, H. F. Atkinson, Tomas Jarmon, Georgia Jarmon, Lura Penelope Evans, Georgia Crockett, Cuney Jarmon, Joanna Jarmon.
- Abstract covering a strip of land fronting 53 feet and 6 inches of Ave J, Town of Marble Falls, supplemental to No. 901; Warranty Deed, Mrs. Hattie Terry to J. P. Manley, dated 2 Oct 1958, filed in Burnet County Deed Records, Vol 120, pgs 379-380; Contract between J. P. Manly and wife Virginia Manley and L. H. Watson, filed 16 Oct 1958 in Burnet County M&M Records, Vol. 9 pgs 371-374.
Abstract No. 1310, 99.3 acres located on the waters of Double Horn Creek from 7 Mar 1957 to 7 May 1962 for Benjamin A. Jones; Abstract No. 671, complemental and supplemental; Abstract No. 857, Pat. No. 188 filed in Burnet county Deed Records, Vol A, pg 290, State of Texas to John Bryan dated 17 Sep 1853; Supplemental Abstract as filed in Vol 67, pg 317 Burnet County Deed records, 160 acres in John Bryan Survey for Albert Warren Williamson; Supplemental Abstract No. F51648, property of S. H. McClain, 160 acres in John Bryan Survey (Files noted A, B, C, D, E, F, G). Names mentioned: M. D. Edmondson, A. J. Paine, V. M. Johnston, D. E. Fowler, C. B. Wall, W. C. Sims, J. H. & Ruby Frasier, Mollie Frasier, Mrs. Florence Bible, Sterling C. Evans, A. N. Thurman. Rhoda Frasier, Florence Bible, A. N. Thurman, J. R. Yett, Hans A. Hopper, John A. Goodlet, J. C. Bradley, Daniel M. Cutter.
Abstract No. F 34013 A185038-J, 170.8 acres of E. E. Williams Survey, Abstract No. 945 and 29.2 acres of G. W. Herrick Survey, Abstract No. 425, Burnet County Texas, property of Arthur Lewis. Names mentioned: Geo. w. Herrick, Margaret A. Davis, J. J. Burton, John H. Woodward, W. T. Wallace, Nellie Jewel Wallace, W. R. Baker, A. L. McInnish, Sallie Wallace, r. W. Davis, P. J. Grelle, Vernon Bruce Lewis, E. E. Wlliams, George H. Scithes, Arthur Lewis, Eli William, W. H. Fowler, Roy Burton, William R. Baker, Chas. Grelle, A. D. Krause, J. D. Cordona, C. W. Buckley, L. B. Davis, James C. Frazier, C. H. Koch, Albert Giescke, Rudolph Ebeling, Vernon Bruce Lewis, E. H. Odiorne.
General Warranty Deed No. 4102 by J. Malcolm Jackson to J. Warren Jackson dated 28 Oct 1955, filed in Burnet County Deed Records Vol. 115 page 16. Contains two tracts of land: 191-1/4 acres out of William Roberts Survey No. 13, and 215.99 acres out of William Roberts Survey. by J. Malcolm Jackson to J. Warren Jackson
General Warranty Deed No. 535 by J. M. Jackson to J. Warren Jackson dated 1 Apr 1961, filed in Burnet County Deed Records Vol 128, page 368. Contains 93.1 acres of land
Warranty Deed, Wm. Prehn to M. L. Jackson, containing 161.8 acres of land out of the Love and Salinas Surveys, dated 22 July 1931. Filed in Burned County Deed Records, vol 80, pg 77.
Warranty Deed, Max Wall to Wm Prehn, containing 162.66 acres of land, filed in Burnet County Deed Records, Book 78, pages 90 & 91.
Release of Vendor's Lien, C. F. Wall and Max Wall, filed in Burnet county Deed Records 78, pgs 87-8.
Affidavit of Heirship, D. E. Fowler and R. R. Burnam give statement of heirs of B. B. Fowler and wife, Mollie Fowler, and S. B. Fowler and E. C. Fowler.
Affidavit as to Facts, E. D. Fowler, to B. B. Fowler, et al. E. D. Fowler, son of B. B. Fowler remembers the occasion when he and his two brothers executed a deed of conveyance.
Deed, Mattie Jackson conveys to J. M. Jackson and J. Warren Jackson several pieces, parcels or tracts of land in Burnet County, dated 1 Oct 1938, and filed in Burnet County Deed Records, Vol 87, pgs 173-74.
Correction Deed, J. A. Despain to J. Warren Jackson, 9.06 acres of land out of the E. E. Williams Survey, filed in Burnet County Deed Records vol 115, pg 451.
- Warranty Deed, Robert Wall to J. Malcolm Jackson, conveying 191.25 acres of land in the William Roberts League Survey No. 13, dated 7 May 1941. Filed in the Burnet County Deed Records, vol 90, pgs 211-212.
- Warranty Deed, L. C. Nolen and wife, Virginia Nolen to J. Warren Jackson, being 826.72 acres of land, dated 1 May 1947. Filed in Burnet County Deed Records, Vol 99, pgs 191-193.
- Affidavit of Heirship, E. D. Phillips to Heirs of G. F. Wall.
- Abstract No. 2, 393 acres of Wm. Roberts League, owned by J. B. Cox. Names mentioned: R. D. McAnally, Henry Frasier, Wm. O. Burnam, Jesse Burnam, Otto Ebeling, Wm. Holland, Lorena May Alderson, Sarah Burnam, Luther D. Alderson, Waddy T. Burnam, Henry David Alderson, Wm. Thos. Alderson Chas T. Russell, O. C. Frasier, Josiah Booker, Thos. Simpson.
- Large envelope titled A. J. Matern that includes: a) Supplemental Abstract of Title No. 1399 covering 541.55 acres prepared by Pioneer Abstract & Title for A. J. Matern, from 28 May 1952 to 2 Jan 1954, mentions these names: A. J. and Eva Matern, J. B. Atkison, Clayton Nolen, Alfred Janke, Foy Page, C. A. Carter, S W. English, Mina Barbara Matern, J. H. Brewer, Jr.. William M. Rainey; b) Abstract of Title for A. J. Fuchs prepared 19 July 1918, mentions these names: Ferdinand Engleking, A. J. Fuchs, Herman Fuchs, John W. Brooks, Ulrike Varnbagen, Charles J. Shapard, F. Lenders, Ealy J. Moses, A. W. M. Crownover, Ann S. Hardin, Alexander Crownover, Arter Crownover, E. J. Beason; c) Warranty Deed, J. B. Matern and wife to A. J. Matern dated 25 July 1924 and filed in Burnet County Deed Records Vol 76, pages 385-7; d) Supplemental Abstract of Titled prepared for A. J. Fuchs; e) Supplemental Abstract of Title covering 541.55 acres from 31 Oct 1918 to 28 May 1952 prepared for A. J. Matern, mentions names of A. J. and Georgia Fuchs, J. B. Matern, Rudolph Geisecke.
- Individual Abstract of Title No. 439 (Supplemental) prepared for J. Warren jackson covering 826.72 acres in Burnet County. Names mentioned: J. Warren Jackson, Trentie Birchitt Jackson, J. Morton Burnham, Pauline Burnham, J. A. DeSpain, Donna Cox DeSpain.
- Survey plat of J. B. Cox Estate, 1247.73 acres
- Supplemental Abstract of Title to the Jesse B. Cox Estate Ranch in Burnet County, from April 15, 1947 to April 30, 1947. Names mentioned: Eileen Cox, J. E. Cox, Catherine cox, J. H. Frasier, R. O. Smith
- Supplemental Abstract of Title to 826.72 acres of land in Burnet County, Texas. Propert of J. Warren Jackson. Names mentioned: L. C. Nolen, Virginia Nolen, J. Warren Jackson.
- Base Abstract of Title for 36.25 acres of land out of and a part of the William Roberts League Survey, No. 13, Burnet County, Texas. (hand-written note says "church land.") Names mentioned: Patent to Robert D. McAnelly, William Roberts, Wm. O. Burnam Levi Fowler, Dinelah Fowler, John B. Williamson, Wm. S. Reed, J. Warren Jackson, Methodist Episcopal Church.
African-Americans of Burnet County
Miscellaneous information regarding several African-American individuals in Burnet County. Names mentioned include Ben Shelby, Arthur Shelby, Dave Shelby, Sarah Shelby, Thos. Simpson, Ball Woods, William Smith, Denis Brown, Yance Hunter.
- Article from "San Antonio Herald" Vol XV, #144, p.2, entitled "Circumstantial Evidence".
- Individual family group sheets for:
- Warren Conley and wife Dolores Ellison,
- Tom Huff and wife Nolie Smith,
- Albert Bradshaw and Becky Smith,
- Joseph Yett,
- James Williams and wife Catherine Yett,
- James Williams and wife Dolly Samuels,
- Lewis Yett and wife Lucy Farias,
- Joe Yett and wife Carrie Fish,
- Marian Yett and wife Ora Shelby,
- Thomas Hall and wife Sivile Yett,
- Ham Shelby and wife Alma Yett,
- Green Johnson and wife Dicie J. Yett,
- ? Moore and wife Amanda Johnson.
- Inventory of Colored Cemetery in Marble Falls.
- 1860 Census of Slave Inhabitants in Burnet County, Texas.
- Newspaper article entitled "Letter from Eyes of Blind Man Reveals More History" (Earl Moore).
- Colored marriages of Burnet County. Newspaper, The Highlander, dated Feb 21, 1985, page 1 & 2, 13 & 14.
- Listing of students who attended Marble Falls Colored School 1908-1909. Total of 20 students.
- Marble Falls Messenger 5 Apr 1928; "Negro Child Burns to Death" Son of Ham Shelby.
Airy Mount - See Historical Homes and Buildings - Burnet County
- American Statesman, 9 Dec 1945, "Burnet CC develops airport inside city limits."
1. Austin-American Statesman December 3, 2004 “Sotheby’s to auction historic Alamo Documents”
2. Austin-American Statesman December 4, 2004 “Travis’ Alamo letter fetches almost $300,000 at auction”
3. "The Story of THE ALAMO" - includes names of those who died during battle.
- Jr. and Nelda Harris’ 50th anniversary (married in Marble Falls June 19, 1954)
- Ernest and Audrey Newton married April 16, 1945 in Luton, England
- Cecil Joe and Betty Scott celebrate 50th wedding anniversary; Burnet Bulletin 27 June 2007
- K.C. (Bill) and Juanita Hatfield celebrated 54th wedding anniv. in 2005
- Dan and Wilma Shipley announce 50th wedding anniversary on June 13, 2004
- O.J. and Carolyn Goodin celebrated 50th anniversary on July 28, 2004
- Fred and Cathy Felan of Bertram, celebrated 50th anniversary on May 21, 2010, married in Brownwood
- Lee and Joyce Pouncey celebrated 60th anniversary on 8 July 2010.
- Aaron B. and Venida Daughterty celebrated 60th anniversary on 21 July.
- R. V. and Irene Stone celebrated 78 years together. Married 14 Jan 1932. Daily Tribune 12 Feb 2010.
- R. V. and Irene Stone celebrated 78th wedding anniversary at Hamilton Creek Assisted Living Facility. Burnet Bulletin, 20 Jan 2010.
- R. V. and Irene Stone celebrated 80 years together, and both 102 years old. Married 14 Jan 1932. Highland Lakes Weekly, 27 Jan 2012.
- J.W. and Mildred Juby Williams celebrate 65th anniversary. Unknown date & unknown newspaper
- J. R. (Pete) and Agnes Crider celebrate 70th wedding anniversary. Make endowment to Marble Falls Independent School District for scholarships. 1-4 July 2011 The Highlander
- Jerry Harkey and Patsy Ruth Kilgo celebrate 50th wedding anniversary. Married 18 Jun 1960 at Herrin Baptist Church in San Saba, Burnet Bulletin 14 Jul 2010
- Barney Warwick & Marie Lanier celebrate 75th wedding anniversary, Lake Country Life 2 Dec 2008
- Joe Marvin White & Helen Louise Dixson 68th anniversary; Burnet Bulletin 9 July 2008
- Dardy & Patsy Campos celebrate 59th Wedding Anniversary, Burnet Bulletin 9 May 2007
- Bob and JoAnn Myers celebrate their 50th anniversary, married in Fort Worth; Burnet Bulletin 7 Dec 2011
- Dorothy and Leroy Metze of Burnet celebrate 70th wedding anniversary; Burnet Bulletin, 22 Feb 2012
- Harold and Bertha Dayton celebrate 60th anniversary (married 17 Dec 1950 at Bertram United Methodist Church). Burnet Bulletin, 8 Dec 2010.
- Steve and Carolyn Walker celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Married 7 Sep 1957 in The First Methodist Church in Paxton, Ill.
- Frank and Edna Wilson will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on 24 Dec 2003. Married Christmas Eve, 1953 in Cuero, Texas. Burnet Bulletin 17 Dec 2003.
- Howard and Margaret Lange, 60th anniversary; The Highlander, 10 Apr 2012.
- Bill and Alice Weaver celebrate 50th wedding anniversary; Burnet Bulletin 18 Apr 2012
- J.W. and Mildred Williams 65th Wedding Anniversary, Burnet Bulletin 15 Aug 2007
- Leslie and Linda Cox 50th Wedding Anniversary, Burnet Bulletin 3 Oct 2012
- Raymond H and Zelda Duke Herrington 60th Wedding Anniversary. The Highlander 19-22 Oct 2012
- Garth and Nona Close 76th Wedding Anniversary Burnet Bulletin 24 Oct 2012
- Arvis and Joan Eaton 50th Wedding Anniversary. Burnet Bulletin 12 Sep 2012
- Robert and Billie Veach 50th Wedding Anniversary Burnet Bulletin 12 Dec 2012
- "Callaways celebrate 60th" The Highlander 17-20 May 2013
- "Patsy and Kelley Thomas celebrate 50th" Burnet Bulletin 6 Feb 2013
- "Aldersons observe 70th anniversary" Burnet Bulletin 17 Sep 2014, Joel and Nila Alderson of Smithwick.
- "Herschel and Nancy Pruitt celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary" Highland Lakes Weekly 10 Oct 2014
- "Celebrating 70 years" Norman and Milton Morgan of Highland Haven; The Highlander 8 Apr 2014.
- "70 years together" Auda and Mary Alice Ross on Aug 14. Unknown & undated newspaper.
- "Ledesmas celebrate 50th wedding anniversary Nov. 27"; Burnet Bulletin 26 Nov 2014. Benny Ledesma and Mary Ellen Marciel of Bertram
- "Haines couple marks 60th year anniversary", Burnet Bulletin 12 Nov 2014. Addis Earl Haines and Ruth Morgan Haines of Burnet.64th
- "64th Anniversary"; the Picayune; 9 Sep 2015 - Ernie and Mary Hair of Kingsland
- "Celebrating 50 years" - Randall and Sue D'Spain Benson; Burnet Bulletin 29 July 2015.
- "Womack Anniversary" - Rev. Kenneth and Joyce Womack celebrate 50th anniversary 24 Sep; The Picayune 23 Sep 2015.
Art Sketches of Area: Granite Mountain, The Antlers Hotel, Glen Bible Home, Fort Croghan, Texas State Capitol, LBJ Ranch, Mason County Courthouse, Governor's Mansion, Old School Building (Llano)Administration Building Southwestern University, Austin Public Library
Artists: Lake Country Life 4-10 Aug 2010, "Making a point with pen and paper, regarding pointillism artist Don E. Wilks
Austin Colony - "Old 300"
Brochure, The Old “300”, “The First Austin Colony” pamphlet. 976.64 Ref