Role and Expectations
Site Facilitator Role & Expectations
Your main responsibility as a School Site Facilitator is to facilitate the communication between students, parents, school, and the E-School program.
You may need to:
- Notify school staff, parents, and students of the opportunity and benefits of E-School.
- Communicate with students in person at your school.
- Work with your school counselors to determine if online learning is an appropriate learning opportunity for your students.
- Facilitate communication between your students and their course instructor when experiencing issues within their course.
- Facilitate communication between E-School and parents.
- Follow up with students when contacted by the E-School Registrar or E-School Support Coordinator.
- Work with your Advanced Placement Coordinator with regard to ordering, paying for, and administering Advanced Placement exams in accordance with College Board guidelines.
DROP POLICY AND PROCESS
Effective school year 2016-2017, students will have up to 6 weeks after the start of the session to drop a course. For year courses, this 6-week grace period occurs in the first semester only. Students of year courses will not be allowed to drop classes during the second semester.
- After 6 weeks, students may not drop the course. The student must remain in the course until the end of the session and receive the grade earned.
- Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances on a case-by-case basis. If the exception is granted, the student will receive an "N" (no grade) on his/her transcript. This will not impact a student's grade point average.
Effective Spring 2017, as a School Site Facilitator, you will be able to drop your own students up until the final drop date of the session by logging into the Genius Registration system. Please be sure you speak with the student and parent to confirm all parties are in agreement for the removal.
Please refer to the Site Facilitator User Guide for directions on how to remove students.
Download: E-School Site Facilitator Calendar
Occasionally you may need to distribute course materials including textbooks, workbooks, or CD's for students enrolled in an Advanced Placement E-School course. As a School Site Facilitator you will need to manage the distribution and collection of these materials.
Please be sure to:
- Distribute the necessary course materials to students who need them.
- Collect materials from students at the end of the session (or earlier if the student drops the course).
- Make arrangements to promptly return these materials to the E-School office:
E-School - Diamond Head Annex
475 22nd Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96816
You may use this sample Resource Distribution Form (courtesy of Shelli Tottori from Roosevelt High School) to keep track of the items that you distribute to your students.
Download: Resource Distribution Form