Edendale Primary School
- Facebook: Edendale Primary School
- Twitter: EdendalePS
- Edendale App: Edendale PS Southland
Kia ora Kumasta
Welcome to Edendale Primary School.
We are the school 'Where Our Dreams Begin!' and we have been serving the educational needs of our community since 1875.
We are a seven teacher school ranging in numbers for 140 - 165.
World record breaker Burt Munro, made famous in the movie The Fastest Indian, was a pupil of our school.
All Black Damian McKenzie, along with is brother Martin McKenzie, attended Edendale Primary School.
We love seeing our children going on to make their dreams a reality, becoming confident, connected, actively involved, life-long learners.
We are nestled in the heart of Eastern Southland, New Zealand.
We are on State Highway One, in the township of Edendale, which is 38 kilometres east of Invercargill and 28 kilometres south of Gore.
We neighbour Fonterra Edendale which is one of the biggest dairy plants in the Southern hemisphere.
In spring you will see paddocks of tulips growing near our township.
Please download our School App.
Go to your App Store and search for Edendale PS Southland.
We use our school app to send out important alerts and information.
You can get the links to our newsletter and you are able to send an absence notification to our school office.
Term Two Week 8
- Tuesday 18th June Board of Trustees Annual General Meeting 7pm
- Wednesday 19th June Wigs on Wednesday (Charity fundraiser)
- Friday 21st June Southland Cross Country
Term Two Week 9
- Monday 24th to Friday 28th June School Interviews
- Wednesday 26th June Kahui Ako Board of Trustee Governance Training
- Friday 28th June Matariki Celebration Day 1-30pm to 2-30pm
Term Two Week 10
- Tuesday 2nd July Board of Trustees General Meeting 6pm
- Wednesday 3rd July Board of Trustees Strategic Planning Day
- Friday 5th July Last day Term Two