Enrollment Documents

The following items are required to enroll your child into a Neighborhood Atlanta Public School.

Parent/Guardian Identification

Students shall be enrolled in school by their parent, legal guardian, or a person standing in loco parentis. Enrolling adults must present proper identification upon enrollment. Acceptable forms of identification are:

  • Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free Voter ID Card issued by the county registrar's office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS);

  • A Georgia Driver's License, even if expired;

  • Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority, or other entity of this state;

  • Valid U.S. passport ID;

  • Valid U.S. military photo ID; or

  • Valid tribal photo ID.

Kinship Caregiver Affidavit

Proof of Student Age

Other than students that are exempted by law or rule, before admitting any student to an APS school or educational program, APS will accept evidence in the order set below that shows the student’s date of birth:

  1. The student’s birth certificate or certified copy thereof;

  2. Certified hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate;

  3. The student’s military ID;

  4. The student’s valid driver’s license;

  5. The student’s passport;

  6. The student’s adoption record;

  7. A religious record signed by an authorized religious official;

  8. An official school transcript; or

  9. If none of these items can be produced, an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, guardian, or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which certificate states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.

Social Security Card/Social Security Waiver

The person enrolling a student must provide a copy of the enrolling student’s social security number or the Objection to Provide the Social Security Number if the enrolling person does not wish to provide the social security number.

Proof of Residency

The person, with whom the student(s) lives must attach proof of residency, dated within the last thirty (30) days and must show parent, guardian or legal name and street address. Please note that a P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address.

Possible Living Situation #1 If you own and live in the resident property, you will need to provide:

  • Photo identification;

  • A deed or a mortgage statement in your name showing residence/ property address;

  • A Georgia Power bill (current within 30 days) in your name showing the residence property address

Possible Living Situation #2 If you rent and live in the rental property, you will need to provide:

  • Photo identification;

  • Copy of Lease/Rental Agreement (or current HUD Certificate of Compliance/Annual Renew Notice);

  • A Georgia Power bill (current within 30 days) in your name showing the residence property address

If the enrolling person does not meet the above requirements, additional documentation may be requested to support residency compliance.

Possible Living Situation #3 If you are living at a property with the owner or being rented by another person, you will need to provide

  • Photo identification;

  • A deed, mortgage statement, or Lease/Rental Agreement (or current HUD Certificate of Compliance/Annual Renewal Notice) in the owner or primary renters name and showing residence property address;

  • Georgia Power bill (current within 30 days);

  • Signed & Notarized Affidavit of Residency; AND

  • Three supporting documents in your name showing the residence property address.

A list of additional documents can be found by clicking your preferred language: English | Spanish

Affidavit of Residency English | Spanish


All children attending prekindergarten and k-12 programs must have a Certificate of Immunization (DPH Form 3231). The Certificate of Immunization must be on file within 30 days of the start of the student’s program.

Exemptions: All students, regardless of grade and including foreign exchange students, must have the Certificate of Immunization (DPH Form 3231) on file unless any of the following situations exist:

  • Medical exemption authorized by a medical doctor. This must be indicated on Form 3231, a letter is not sufficient. Medical exemptions must be kept on file, are valid for one year, and may be reissued from year to year until a physician determines immunizations can be completed.

  • Conflict with religious beliefs verified by parents’/legal guardians’ sworn affidavit. The only affidavit that may be used to register a religious objection to required vaccinations is DPH Form 2208. The affidavit does not expire.

Certificate of Vision, Hearing & Dental

Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (DPH Form 3300): This certificate must be presented the first time a child enrolls at any grade level, including prekindergarten.

Official Transcript

Enrolling students shall present an official transcript or report card of work or credit at the time of enrollment.