At Hall Road Academy we aim to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it and
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
Staff and parent carer surveys have been completed with regard to the protected characteristics.
The characteristics are:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership (in respect of eliminating unlawful discrimination)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief- this includes lack of belief
- Sex Sexual orientation
The surveys indicated that no member of staff and no parent/carer felt that they had experienced discrimination in relation to the protected characteristics. No parent/carer felt that their child had been discriminated against.