Governance at XP
Dates of Trust and Board meetings
- Wednesday 16th December 2020 at 4:00pm at XP East
Board of Directors Meetings
- Wednesday 2nd December 2020 at 8:00am at XP East
- Wednesday 3rd March 2021 at 8:00am at XP East
- Wednesday 14th July 2021 at 8:00am at XP East
About our Trust
XP SCHOOL TRUST LTD is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) consisting of:
- Two secondary 11-19 mainstream schools
- XP which opened in September 2014, and
- XP East which opened in September 2017
- Two primary schools
- Green Top which academised and joined the Trust in September 2017
- Plover Primary which academised and joined the Trust in June 2020
- One Junior school
- Norton Junior School which academised and joined the Trust in July 2019
- One Infant School
- Norton Infant School which academised and joined the Trust in July 2019
The Trust’s strategic vision, as defined in its opening application to the DfE is to create and effectively manage schools which are based on the Design Principles of:
- Connection to the world
- A common mission
- Teachers are learners
- Language is our culture
and that these principles are reflected in the practices of the schools as defined by Expeditionary Learning Core Practices.
The governance structure of XP Trust is a simple hierarchy:
- The Trust
- The Board of Directors
- The Executive Leadership Team
- The Committees
- Working Groups made up of Local Governors
For the Trust AGM to go ahead a minimum of 2 members must be present.
All governance is focused on active and purposeful engagement of stakeholders to ensure each school is continually proving and improving their practice.
All our schools are focused on character growth, beautiful work and progress towards university, career and life-readiness.
The academic common mission of our schools is for all students to be able to access the next stage of education. For XP and XP East, this means for all our students to be able to access university if they so wish.