Governance at XP
Dates of Trust and Board meetings
- Monday 17th December 2018 at 4:00pm
Board of Directors Meetings
- Wednesday 14th November 2018 at 8:00am
- Wednesday 27th March 2019 at 8:00am
- Wednesday 10th July 2019 at 8:00am
About our Trust
XP SCHOOL TRUST LTD is a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) consisting of:
- Two secondary 11-19 mainstream schools
- XP which opened in September 2014, and
- XP East which opened in September 2017
- One primary school
- Green Top which academised and joined the Trust in September 2017
The Trust’s strategic vision, as defined in its opening application to the DfE is to create and effectively manage schools which are based on the XP Design Principles of:
- Connection to the world
- A common mission
- Teachers are learners
- Language is our culture
and that these principles are reflected in the practices of the schools as defined by Expeditionary Learning Core Practices.
The governance structure at XP is a simple hierarchy:
- The Trust
- The Board of Directors
- The Executive Leadership Team
- The Governors
- The Committees
- Working Groups
All governance at XP is focused on active and purposeful engagement of stakeholders to ensure each school is continually proving and improving their practice.
All our schools are focused on character growth, beautiful work and progress towards university, career and life-readiness.
The academic common mission of our schools is for all students to be able to access the next stage of education. For XP and XP East, this means for all our students to be able to access university if they so wish.