Welcome Back! Here are a few important reminders for health related issues:
- Allergy action plans need to be updated yearly and are due along with emergency medication on the first day of school. The form and more information can be found here.
- Asthma action plans need to be updated yearly and turned in to the health office. The form and more information can be found here.
- Required health forms: More information and the forms can be found here.
- Kindergarten and any students new to the district:
Physical exam (make sure to complete, sign/date the health history the top part of the 2nd page) DUE September 7!
- Vision exam due by October 15
- Dental exam due by May 15 (but the sooner, the better!)
- Second grade
- Dental exam due by May 15 (but the sooner, the better!) The form and more information can be found here.
It’s that time of year…illness:
With the return to school and increased interactions/sharing of germs, we are seeing the usual increase in illness. We truly appreciate your partnership as we strive to support our students to remain as healthy as possible. Please remember, children may return to school once they are 24-hours fever-free without use of medication, and 24-hours free of vomiting or diarrhea.
Thank you for continuing to report communicable illness; when a report is received, a grade level notification letter is generated. The custodial staff also performs an enhanced cleaning of the affected room. All students at Central are regularly encouraged to wash their hands and cover their coughs. If you have any questions about which illnesses to report, or general questions regarding whether your child is well enough for school, please don’t hesitate to contact the school nurse or your pediatrician’s office.
For information regarding Influenza, please click here.
We are also seeing the return of reported cases of lice. Please make sure to check your children at home at least once a week. Regular checks at home are the best way to catch lice early on! For more information regarding lice, please click here. Make sure to notify the school for any discovered cases of lice and remember that students must be checked by the nurse to ensure they are lice and nit free before they can return to school.