College Campus Visits
Campus visits are open to Juniors and Seniors in good academic standing!
Students are notified of these visits via our daily announcements. They must sign up in the Guidance Office and turn in a permission slip by the date indicated.
The 2018/19 Schedule is:
- Central Michigan University / September 20
- Ferris State University / October 4
- Grand Valley State University / October 18
- Davenport University / November 1
- Western Michign University / November 15
- Grand Rapids Community College/MTEC / November 29 (awaiting confirmation)
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College / December 6 or December 13 (awaiting confirmation)
Private or Personal College Visits
- Call the Admissions office to set up a visit.
- Juniors and Seniors are allowed 3 excused absences for college visits (outside of the those listed above).
- To have the absence excused, students must provide our attendance person with a completed "blue slip" prior to visit AND completed "white slip" upon return from visit. These slips are available in the both the Guidance Office and Main Office.
College Visit Tips:
- Don't go alone - take a friend and parent/guardian.
- Make an appointment by calling the schools' Admissions Office.
- Choose the day of week and time of day carefully: your goal is to see what campus is like.
- Have a list of questions ready for both the face-to-face meet with Admissions as well as your tour guide (this is often a student - their insight is valuable!).
- Get information on tuition/room&board, financial aid/scholarships, food program, housing options, important due dates, campus life, campus organizations
Visit to Western Michigan University