APS CUWiP at the
University of Oregon
Welcome to the Northwest Regional APS Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics!
January 12-14, 2018
The American Physical Society (APS) CUWiP goal is to help undergraduate women succeed in physics by providing them with a professional conference experience, information about graduate school and professions in physics, and access to other women in physics of all ages with whom they can share experiences, advice, and ideas.
Our program will include:
- Presentations by renowned academic and industry professionals (see the Speakers tab)
- Workshops about gender in STEM, intersectionality, professional skill development, graduate school, science communication, etc.
- Presentations and a panel discussion about the wide variety of careers available to physicists
- A "Physics Slam" in which six physics faculty will give 10-minute (accessible) research talks
- A student poster session, in which participants will have the opportunity to present their own research
- Opportunities for networking and discussion with participants, presenters, and industry representatives
- And more! A detailed schedule can be found under the Schedule tab
The University of Oregon is located in Eugene, Oregon in the Pacific Time Zone (PST). Eugene is nestled in the southern Willamette Valley and easily accessible by the I-5 highway and the Eugene Airport (EUG). More information about travel and the city of Eugene can be found under the Travel tab. All other regional conference locations and application information can be found under the Application tab.
These conferences are supported in part by the National Science Foundation (PHY-1622510) and by the Department of Energy Office of Science (DE-SC0011076). Further details are available on the APS conference website.