ALL COST SHARE PROJECTS MUST DEMONSTRATE PUBLIC BENEFIT
To provide incentive for residents and businesses within the PACD boundaries to implement natural resource conservation practices that address:
• Soil erosion, water quality and quantity, energy conservation, or improving wildlife habitat
• Beautify the natural landscape along public corridors
• Educational events or practices with emphasis on natural resource conservation
• Greenway projects
• Boulevard plantings
• Demonstration projects for energy conservation (solar power, wind turbines, hydro-electric)
• Bioretention (rain gardens, permeable pavements, green roofs)
• Xeriscaping to replace traditional lawn with approved native or dry-climate species
• Soil erosion projects (water bars on public trails, streambank stabilization utilizing bioengineering
This incentive program provides up to 50% reimbursement of the project cost. All projects must be pre-approved before being initiated and must be evaluated upon completion. Maximum cost-share under this program is $1,000. We will match cash expenditures (with receipts) only. The maximum for in-kind contributions will be capped at 25% based on a labor rate of $12/hour.
All projects must be on public-accessible land.
Only one grant may be awarded per cooperator per fiscal year.
After project completion and inspection, cost-share will be issued based on signed receipts and documentation of in-kind contributions.
Residents, businesses, service organizations, schools, museums, churches, partnering organizations, etc.
Grant selection and payment decisions will be made by the Popo Agie Conservation District Board of Supervisors. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make the case that the project meets the objectives of the program and has public benefit. Applications are reviewed on an annual basis.
Forms and Guidelines
Click on pop-out at top right of document.