Hampshire County Emlyn Trophy Camping Competition
Friday 20th September to Sunday 22nd September 2019
Lyons Copse, Sandy Lane, Shedfield, Wickham, SO32 2HQ
Explorer Map 119 (grid ref 549142)
A weekend Patrol standing camp with a series of challenges
Apart from the date/location details above, all other information on this site is subject to change before the 2019 competition. Details of any changes will be posted here.
Changes confirmed so far:
- Entry deadline removed
- Non-competitive Patrols may now enter to experience camping independent from leaders and learn about the competition - for more details, see Non-Competitive Patrols
- Leaders interested in learning more about the Emlyn and how other Troops camp may join the camp staff - contact Yeti via the link at the bottom of this page
- Average age limits removed (individual age limit of 14.5 on the Sunday of the competition still applies)
- Requirement to submit permission to camp forms, equipment checklist and menu in advance removed - these should be handed in at registration this year
- Menus should clearly state ingredients if not obvious from the name of the meal
Entries can only be made online via the entries page (it is no longer possible to enter by post).
Patrols are required to download and complete the following forms:
The completed forms must be handed in at registration.
The judges’ section contains briefing material designed to ensure fairness as well as links to the marking sheets (which can also be printed for use in District Eliminator competitions).
The competition has a long history, and records of some previous results are available (along with league tables showing rank by cumulative known points and number of appearances). For recent years, there is a graph of number of entries per year, a Patrol Leaders’ Hall of Fame and the date of the last known appearance of each district. There are pictures of camp badges from several years. There is some information about Charles Willmore Emlyn, the man who gave the competition its name, and details of the history of each trophy.
Everything you need to know should be on this website, but in case of query, please contact:
- Yeti (Les) for enquiries related to the competition
- Oracle (Jon) for enquiries related to the website and entry process
Pass It On
Every year we hear that information about the competition is not reaching those who are interested in taking part. This website aims to address that by being available all year round. Please let others know about it and pass on the url: https://sites.google.com/view/emlyn/home