Steve Tetreault, Ed.D.
Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy checking out some of my projects and creations. Just click the links above to view different areas of interest.
- Goals: To work in a middle or high school library. Once I secure a library position, I will do the following:
- Engage students, faculty, administrators, and community members as partners in the school library.
- Help students and faculty close knowledge gaps in their curricular and personal information quests.
- Take full advantage of the educational resources available, and expand the library's collection of resources in ways that best serve the needs of the school.
- Experience: I am a veteran classroom teacher with twenty years of experience teaching middle school Language Arts, plus several years teaching English to high school students. I have spent most of my professional career in the William R. Satz Middle School in Holmdel, New Jersey. I also taught at Johnston High School and Cumberland High School, both in Rhode Island. I like to be an active and engaged member of the educational community. I am a life-long learner who is constantly seeking to expand my knowledge, and to find news ways to help others learn. I love to read (here's my GoodReads profile), and I really enjoy hands-on tasks, particularly DIY work of all sorts.
- M.I, concentrating as School Library Media Specialist, Rutgers University School of Communication and Information (2019)
- Ed.D. , Educational Administration and Supervision, Rutgers University Graduate School of Education (2014)
- M.Ed., Educational Administration and Supervision, Rutgers University Graduate School of Education (2006)
- B.A., English and Education, Rutgers University (1996)
- Licenses & Certificates:
- School Library Media Specialist (NJ, 2019)
- Google for Education Trainer (2014)
- Supervisor (NJ, 2006)
- Principal (NJ, 2006)
- Teacher (NJ, 1996)
- Teacher (RI - Provisional, 1997)