Thank you to all the parents that have volunteered for a role on the Bubb PTA Executive Board. We only have a few open positions that must be filled or we can not have a PTA next year. Please consider one of the open positions for which there is no current candidate:
- 1st Vice President - Volunteer Coordinator
- 4th Vice President - Language Liaison
PTA Events Postponed or Cancelled
Given the recent direction from the MVWSD regarding non-essential events, the Bubb PTA will be postponing or cancelling the following activities that were scheduled for March:
- 1st Grade-Hosted Teacher / Staff Lunch (March 12) - cancelled
- Talent Show Info Night (March 18) - cancelled - please see Talent Show Page
- Bubb Science Night (March 20) - to be rescheduled
- PTA General Meeting (March 31) - to be rescheduled
If you have purchased a WATSA party that’s scheduled to take place in March, look out for a message from the party hosts. For any other Bubb-related events, please reach out to your teacher or the event coordinator. Thank you!
Have a Kinder Starting at Bubb in the Fall?
If you are a parent of an incoming Bubb kindergartner, join the 2020 Bubb Kindergarten Group! We will use this forum to connect with each other and plan class playdates, ask and answer questions, and share any relevant information. If you have questions, please email Joran Stein or Anjali Patel.
Project Cornerstone at Bubb — February 2020
This month’s book, Long Shot--Never Too Small to Dream by Chris Paul, is an autobiography of an NBA All-Star. As a child, he is one of the shortest players on his basketball team, but with hard work, determination, and the support of his family he is able to realize his dreams.
Goals of lesson include:
- Help students explore and discover their sparks (interests, dreams, passions, etc.)
- Identify their spark and goal champions. (People who will help.)
- Reflect upon and identify the support students receive from their peers, family, and community.
- Empower students to provide support to their peers, family, and community.
Ask your child to tell you more about:
- What matters to you? What sparks your interest?
- What is your biggest dream?
- What is your favorite thing to do, and how can I help you do it?
- What help do you need to reach your goals?
- Who will be your spark or goal champion (helps with taking steps to achieve a dream)?
A video reading of Long Shot--Never Too Small to Dream by Chris Paul can be found here.
A friendly reminder to log your volunteer time with the PTA. Volunteer hours enable us to apply for grants as well as maintain our non-profit status. You can log hours on the binder in the school office or online. Please consider all phone calls, meetings, emails, events (including set-up and clean up), any preparation work at home, travel time, etc. If your child's teacher or the PTA asked you to do it, include your time!! Thank you!
Parents, grandparents, friends and community members can help earn money for Bubb PTA through various rewards programs. It’s simple — for every dollar you spend, Bubb gets a percentage back. And, there is no fee for enrolling in any of the programs! Please see our Rewards Programs web page for complete details.
PTA General Meetings
General Meetings are held five times a year on the 4th Tuesday of September, October, January, March, and May. Meetings take place in the Bubb Multi-use Room (MUR). All are welcome to attend! The next general PTA meeting takes place:
Tuesday, March 31 — CANCELLED (This meeting will be rescheduled)
Childcare will be provided in the Bubb library by Right at School.
General meeting minutes are viewable by PTA members upon request. Please contact PTA Secretary Jennifer Lehner if you are interested.
PTA Documents & Forms
Below are some documents and forms you may find useful as a Bubb PTA member and/or volunteer:
- PTA Membership form: English | Spanish
- Check Request and Reimbursement Form: PDF format | Excel format
- Deposit Form: PDF format
- Student Family Waiver (required to participate in WATSA and all other PTA events): English | Spanish
For website issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org