Open Volunteer Positions
2018-19 School Year
Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! As you know, Bubb School relies heavily on parent volunteers to help deliver a wonderfully well-rounded education to our kids. So we need your help!
Below are the PTA jobs for which we need volunteers to help next year. If you are interested in one of the individual roles or committee positions below, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Vinita Alwyn (email@example.com) or sign up on Konstella.
Walkathon & Silent Auction: This is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Sign-up to be an apprentice or lead in one of the following areas:
Urgent WATSA Openings
- Food Co-Lead (1 needed): On the day of the event, direct parent volunteers and Graham students at Cub Cafe.
- Craft Corner Co-Lead: Manage craft donations leading up to event, busiest time starts 2 weeks before. Set up Craft Corner before event. Manage sales at Craft Corner during event. Take down at end of event.
- Replenishment Co-Lead (1-2 needed) We have 2 water and orange stations along the walking route. Replenishment Co-Leads manage an orange cutting party the morning of the event. Then they make sure those two stations have enough water and oranges throughout the event. The Replenishment volunteers may need to do some heavy lifting. Also need to supervise Graham student volunteers. *Need 2 co-leads to work from 4:00-7:00. The earlier shifts are already filled and they will provide the necessary training before WATSA day.
- Auction Event Management Co-lead: Oversee the auction setup and bidder sheets, and coordinate the item procurement at checkout.
Need a job that’s just on the day of the event or from home? Not sure which position is right for you? Contact Ed Stedman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jennifer Szeto (email@example.com) or Ming Luke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Want to help, but not ready to commit? Join the committee to stay updated on WATSA planning and hear about times when general help is needed.
Coming soon: Sign up for your favorite job on the day of the event (Friday, October 5, 2018.)
URGENT: Book Fair Co-Leader (1 additional co-leader needed)
Coordinate the dates of the fall and spring Book Fair with the PTA, the school office, and Scholastic Press. Publicize the Book Fair through the Bulletin and by hanging posters in advance. Coordinate opening and closing up every day of the Fair. Enlist volunteers to help set up, work the registers, and/or help students select books. Coordinate "Reading Under the Stars" evening event, which is held the same week. Contact Cindy Chow (email@example.com) if you're interested.
Book Fair Committee: Help Book Fair Chairs to set up, run and take down the fall and spring Book Fairs. Book Fair jobs include running cash registers, helping coordinate book donations for teachers, and helping students select books and determine if they have enough money for their selections. Sign up on Konstella's Book Fair Committee here.
Box Tops for Education Co-Lead: Coordinate the Box Top program at Bubb. Collect, sort, count, and mail Box Top clippings in every 2 months. Advertise in the Bubb Bulletin and at kinder classrooms. Requires 3-4 hours every other month.
Language Liaison Committee: Help the Language Liaison and Bubb Teachers and Staff translate important communications. We need members able to provide oral and written communication in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and more. Contact our PTA Language Liason via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sign up on Konstella: Language Liaison Committee.
Talent Show Lead: Coordinate the Talent Show date, location, and acts. Responsibilities include advertising, processing applicants, screening content, holding talent show rehearsals, and overseeing the event. Help coordinate Talent Show volunteers to support the running and organization of the show.
Family Events Committee: Help our Family Events Chair put on fun Family Events throughout the school year. Past events include the Monster Mash Dance, Math Night, Science Night, Bubb Beautification Day, Outdoor Movie Night, and more. Find out more on our PTA Events page or contact the PTA Family Event Coordinator, Marydee Moore (email@example.com).
Garden Committee Co-Chair: Need someone with a “green thumb” to lead projects and help maintain the gardens. Contact Elizabeth Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Garden Committee: Have a "green thumb"? Join this group to lead garden projects with the kids and help maintain the school gardens. We need help in our two gardens: one for Kinder and one for the rest of the school. Sign up for the garden committee on Konstella or contact Elizabeth Lee (email@example.com).
Art Show Co-Lead: Help the Bubb-CSMA art teacher prepare for the annual spring Art Show. Coordinate volunteers to setup and take down the art show and return artwork to classrooms. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested.
Art Show Committee: This committee is perfect for the art lover! Help the Art Show Coordinator prepare artwork, setup and take-down the Bubb art show and deliver final finished art to classrooms. Most work takes place in late Spring. Email email@example.com if you're interested.
Field Day Coordinator: Work with the Bubb PE teachers to coordinate and run the Field Day event in May.
Project Cornerstone: Project Cornerstone is committed to helping all children grow into healthy, caring and responsible adults. We want to build a web of support around every Bubb cub so that they feel valued, respected and known. Find out more on the Project Cornerstone webpage.
- Lunchtime Reader: Lead storytime with Project Cornerstone books once a month at lunch time (12-1 p.m.).
- Classroom Reader: Attend monthly training and deliver Project Cornerstone lessons once a month. 2 openings per Room.
General Volunteering Committee: If you'd like to help with various activities on an as-needed basis, please join our General Volunteering email list or contact our Volunteer Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will then be notified of miscellaneous opportunities to volunteer throughout the year, both during school time and after hours.
Room Parents and Classroom Volunteers: Teachers generally ask for parents to sign up for these positions during Back to School Night. If you don't know who your Room Parents are, check the Konstella Room Parent list or contact your classroom teacher.
Volunteer 2 hours per month:
- Marquee Assistant
- Bubb Buddy
- Garden Committee
- Project Cornerstone Reader
- Spirit Wear Sales Committee
- Bubb School Site Council
Volunteer 5-20 hours all year:
- Picture Day Coordinator
- Box Tops Coordinator
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Committee
- Chess Tournament Coordinator
- Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
- Field Day Coordinator
- First Day Hospitality Coordinator
Volunteer to get work done from home/off hours:
eScrip Lead, WATSA Solicitations Lead, WATSA Data Entry
Work with students:
- Garden Club (all year)
- Bubb Talent Show (April)
Short Term Jobs:
- Scholastic Book Fair (Fall)
- WATSA (Aug-Oct)
- Box Tops Coordinator (November and May)
- Picture Day (Fall & Spring)
- Bubb Art Show (April or May)
- Bubb Talent Show Coordinator (April)
- Chess Contest Coordinator (April)
- Field Day (May)