The Bubb PTA sponsors and supports events through out the school year. To make these events possible, we need everyone's help. Please donate to our biggest fundraiser, WATSA, so that we can fund these events. We also need several volunteers for each event. Contact Marydee Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Family Events Coordinator, to get involved.
NEXT EVENT: Science Night at Bubb
“Fire and Ice” at Bubb Science Night — Friday, March 8
The land of fire and ice is filled with dazzling demonstrations using fire, bubbling potions, and carbon dioxide gas frozen to 109° below zero. This science show, presented by Mad Science of the Bay Area, will show just how HOT and COOL science can be! Attend the first show, from 6-6:45 PM, or the second show, from 7-7:45 PM, in the MUR. All students must be accompanied by an adult.
PTA Family Events
While all events are supported by PTA volunteers and PTA funds, the events listed below are put on by the PTA and managed by the PTA Family Events coordinator.
- Back to School Ice Cream Social (Friday before school starts)
- Hispanic Heritage Month Kick-off Fiesta (September)
- Annual Walkathon and Silent Auction (October)
- Monster Mash Dance (October)
- Scholastic Book Fair (November)
- Reading Under the Stars (November)
- Winter Wonderland (December)
- Indoor Movie Night
- Lego Building Night
- Science Night
- Outdoor Movie Night (April)
- Bubb Talent Show (April)
- Bubb Beautification Day (April/May)
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week (May)
- Summer Reading Program (June - August)
There is something new to look forward to every year at Bubb! Below is a list of school-wide events that all grades can participate in together. Exact event dates and opportunities to help at each event is announced in the Bubb Bulletin and in classroom newsletters throughout the year.
- Back to School Night (usually within a couple weeks of the First Day of School)
- Reading Under the Stars (November)
- Halloween Parade (October)
- Food & Toy Drive (late November - early December)
- Science Day with Lawrence Hall of Science
- Holiday Concerts (December for lower grades)
- Pajama Day (February/March)
- Crazy Sock Day
- Stuffed Animal Day
- Open House (March)
- Art Show - put on by CSMA
- Spring Concerts (May - June) – put on by CSMA
- Field Day (May/June)
Grade-Specific Events & Field Trips
Each grade has events and field trips that are specific to that grade. The Bubb PTA and room parents work together to support these events, especially in getting volunteers from each classroom.
- Johnny Appleseed Day (September)
- Halloween Carnival (October)
- Kinder Puppet Show (fall & spring)
- Thanksgiving Feast (November)
- Winter Sing & Holiday Party (December)
- Fire Station Field Trip (spring)
- Theatre Field Trip (spring)
- Deer Hollow Farm Field Trip (May)
- Spring Sing (June)
- Clifford Day
- Mountain View Library Field Trip
- Corn Feast (Thanksgiving)
- CSMA Winter Concert (December)
- Marine Mammal Center Whale Presentation
- Deer Hollow Farm Field Trip
- Theatre Field Trip
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo Field Trip
- First Grade International Folk Dance Performance (June)
- Natural Bridges Field Trip to Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary
- Winter Holiday Celebration (December)
- Insects in Action Presentation
- Theatre/Play Field Trip
- Full Circle Farm Field Trip
- Mini-Mall: Second grade students work together in teams to create a "store" for the Mini-Mall. They make their own products, design a storefront and sell their items.
- Deer Hollow Farm's Ohlone Village Field Trip
- Mountain View City Hall Field Trip
- Campbell History Museum Field Trip
- Theatre/Performing Arts Field Trip
- Wax Museum: As part of their social studies project, each child researches a person that has made an important contribution to America. Then the children dress up as their character and bring them to life in the wax museum.
- Oakland Museum Field Trip
- Hidden Villa Field Trip
- Intel Tech Museum Field Trip
- California Mission Field Trip
- Levi's Stadium Field Trip
- Gold Rush Reenactment at Stevens Creek Park (May): Parents and teachers work to set up a Gold Mining Camp on the banks of Stevens Creek. Students come to the camp to pan for gold, buy things at the country store and have loads of fun playing period games and making arts n' crafts.
- Science Camp (October): Fifth graders look forward to spending a week at science camp at the Walden West Center in Saratoga. The days are filled with hands on science projects, hiking and more.
- Marine Science Institute Field Trip
- Williams Bubb (May): Parents, teachers and students work together to set up our very own "Williamsburg." Dressed in period costumes, students and staff bring to life the revolutionary town – from blacksmith and baker, to militia and candlestick maker. All the other students at Bubb are invited to come an explore the town.
PAST EVENTS FROM 2018
2018 Hispanic Heritage Month Kick-off Fiesta!
Help us celebrate our diversity while enjoying delicious food and traditional Mexican folk dancing.
On Thursday, September 13 at 11:55 am, the PTA will host Hispanic Heritage Month Kick-off Fiesta. This event is being held instead of the annual Cinco de Mayo Celebration that was previously held in May.
We have found that May has so many other Bubb events (Gold Rush, Williams Bubb, Teacher Appreciation Week) and field trips that celebrating Cinco de Mayo often conflicted with these activities. We hope Hispanic Heritage Month Fiesta will start each school year in a fun, festive way without conflicting with other Bubb activities.
This year's fiesta will include:
- Tacos Quiero Mas serving fresh quesadillas and tacos
- Homemade tamales to enjoy at Bubb or take home to share with the family
- Mexican folk dancers, Grupo Folklorico Los Laureles
- A traditional mariachi band, Mariachi Tapatío
The event takes place at Bubb from 11:55 am to 2:00 pm on the Bubb blacktop.
We need lots of volunteers before during and after the event to ensure it is a success. Please sign-up on Konstella now.
What is Hispanic Heritage Month?
Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America. The observation started in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson and was expanded by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to cover a 30-day period.
The day of September 15 is significant because it is the anniversary of independence for Latin American countries Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. In addition, Mexico and Chile celebrate their independence days on September 16 and September18, respectively. Also, Columbus Day or Día de la Raza, which is October 12, falls within this 30 day period.
nuevo para 2018:
!Fiesta inaugural del Mes de la Herencia Hispana!
Ayúdanos a celebrar nuestra diversidad mientras disfrutamos de comida deliciosa y baile folkloriko tradicional de México.
Este jueves, 13 de septiembre a las 11:55 am, el PTA estará llevando a cabo la fiesta inauguración del mes de la hispanidad. Este evento será en vez de nuestra celebración anual del 5 de mayo que se llevo a cabo este pasado mes de mayo.
Nos dimos cuenta de que había muchos eventos en Bubb (Gold Rush, Williams Bubb, semana de apreciación de los maestros) y paseos que hacían que seguido hubiese conflicto con la celebración del 5 de mayo. Esperamos que al comenzar nuestra fiesta de inauguración del mes de la hispanidad sea divertida, y una manera festiva para comenzar el año escolar sin conflictos de otras actividades en Bubb.
Esta fiesta incluirá:
- Tacos Quiero Mas estarán sirviendo quesadillas frescas y tacos
- Tamales hechos en casa para disfrutar en Bubb o llevar a casa para compartir con la familia.
- Ballet folklorico mexicano, el Grupo Folklorico Los Laureles
- Un mariachi tradicional, Mariachi Tapatío
Este evento se llevará a cabo en Bubb de 11:55 am a 2:00 pm.
Necesitamos muchas manos voluntarias antes y durante el evento para asegurarnos que todo sea un éxito. Por favor registrese en Konstella.
¿Qué es el mes de la hispanidad?
Cada año, los americanos reconocen el mes de la hispanidad nacional del 15 de septiembre al 15 de octubre, al celebrar sus historias, culturas y contribuciones de ciudadanos americanos que sus ancestros vinieron de España, México, el Caribe, y Centro y Sudamérica. Esta celebración comenzó en 1968 cuando se reconocía la Herencia Hispana por una semana bajo el presidente Lyndon Johnson y después fue expandido a una celebración de 30 días por el presidente Ronald Reagan en 1988.
El día 15 de septiembre es significativo porque es el aniversario de la independencia de países de Latino América: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras y Nicaragua. En adición, México y Chile celebran su independencia el día 16 de septiembre y 18 de septiembre, respectivamente. También el día de Cristóbal Colon o el día de la Raza, es celebrado el día 12 de octubre, que hace este periodo sea de 30 días.
2018 Monster Mash Family Dance
Annual Monster Mash Family Dance
WHEN: Friday, October 26, 2018
WHERE: Bubb School MUR
TIME: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
We need volunteers to make the event a success. Please sign up on Konstella to volunteer. Thank you!
2018 Winter Wonderland
Join us for a fun evening of crafts and food as we celebrate the wonders of winter at our Winter Wonderland family event on Friday, December 14th from 6-8pm in the MUR. There will be a special guest appearance to look out for, so you won't want to miss it! Please sign up to help volunteer for one or more slots on this fun evening.
This free event is brought to you by Bubb's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) in association with the Bubb PTA. Questions about this event? Contact Fernanda at email@example.com
Acompáñanos a un evento de manualidades y comida donde podemos celebrar las maravillas del invierno en el evento de Winter Wonderland en viernes, 14 de diciembre de 6 a 8pm en el MUR. ¡Habrá un invitado especial sorpresa, así que no te lo pierdas! ¡Por favor regístrate para ser voluntario en uno o más para esta noche de diversión.
Este evento gratuito es traído por el Comité Asesor del idioma Ingles de Bubb (ELAC por sus siglas en ingles) en asociación con el PTA de Bubb. ¿Tienes preguntas del evento? Comunícate con Fernanda a su correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Indoor Movie Night
Indoor Movie Night on Friday
WHEN: Friday, January 11, 2019
WHERE: Bubb School MUR
TIME: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Join us for popcorn and a movie in the MUR. This is a free family event sponsored by the PTA.
All children must be accompanied by an adult for the entire event. Thanks!
Noche de película este viernes
WHEN: Viernes, enero 11, 2019
WHERE: Bubb MUR
TIME: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
Únete a nosotros este viernes para una noche de película en el MUR. Esteremos sirviendo palomitas de maíz y estaremos viendo la película de PIXAR Incredibles 2, comenzara a las 6:00 pm. Este es un evento patrocinado por el PTA y está abierto a todas las familias de Bubb.
Por favor asegurarse que su hijo/a esta acompañado por un adulto todo el tiempo.
SCIENCE DAY with Lawrence Hall of Science
Lawrence Hall of Science Presents:
The Mystery Festival
WHEN: Friday, February 1, 2019
WHERE: Bubb School MUR
TIME: 8:50 AM-2:30 PM
The Bubb MUR will be transformed into a giant forensic laboratory! As students enter the room, they will view the scene of a “crime,” surrounded by police barrier tape. They gather evidence and analyze it at the many forensic lab test stations around the room. Students attempt to unravel a complex mystery that is designed to excite and channel them into creative problem-solving. The station activities include pH testing, hidden fingerprints, invisible inks, chromatography, and more! The mystery continues back in the classroom, as teachers choose a follow-up activity from the packet provided, and students pool their results and attempt to “crack the case.”
LEGO Night at Bubb School
Don’t miss our next PTA family event, LEGO Night, on Friday, February 8.
Join us in the MUR any time between 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm to help build the city of San Francisco out of LEGOs.
This event is free for all Bubb families. Please ensure your student is accompanied by an adult.