The fourteenth annual...
Pennsylvania's oldest 100-mile footrace
50-mile and 100-mile run
5:00 AM start
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, THE 2020 EDITION OF OUR RACE HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Race Directors' Message:
During this global pandemic, sacrifices have been made, and must continue to be made, to protect especially the lives of the vulnerable. While the economic impact of cancelling this race is not a huge deal in the grand scheme, we do know and appreciate that our runners have been training many long and hard hours in preparation and anticipation. While we hope that the fitness you've gained along the way may help you resist possible illness, we know that postponing a dream of finishing a race, even a low-key race like ours, is never easy.
For any who have already suffered from illness during this time, or who know someone who has been sick or has passed away, our hearts are with you. The training that we do this week will be done in prayer for you and for them.
Thank you again for entering our race. We will miss each of you this year.
Carl and Dave
May 3, 2020
Here's the FB group for runners, volunteers, and anyone interested in the run.
- We would like to thank the Rail-Trail Council of Northeastern Pennsylvania for allowing us to hold our run on their trails.
- Thanks to the Friends of Starrucca Creek for all they do to keep the area clean.
- Thanks to True Value Hardware in Susquehanna for donating paint for the trophies.
- Additionally, we owe thanks to the great town of Lanesboro (especially the Borough Council, Dan Boughton, Officer Smith, and the awesome guys who delivered the brand-new picnic benches on race day) for letting us base the run in Luciana Park, beneath the gorgeous Starrucca Viaduct.
- We also would like to thank the other towns through which our runners and volunteers pass, including Starrucca, Melrose, and Thompson.
- Finally, we must thank all the volunteers who ever had a hand in helping our runners pursue their dreams.