It's not about the tool!!
"When you go to the hardware store to buy a drill, you don't actually want a drill, you want a hole, they don't sell holes at the hardware store but they do sell drills, which are the technology used to make the holes. We must not lose sight that technology for the most part is a tool and it should be used in applications which address educational concerns" (Fletcher, 2006)
- 5 Things about me
- What have I done? (Curriculum Vitae)
- Movement Analysis Research - Are you an undergraduate student interested in research? Join our "Making Movement Stick" Research Team @SUNY Cortland! Contact me for more info!
- Gallery: Pictures and Videos
- E-portfolio Workshop - Are you a PETE student who needs to create an e-portfolio? Follow the steps or sign up for a workshop.
- Plickers (TBA - trying out) - Plickers website (Tutorial)
- HR Calculator in Excel
- Rubrics with WORD
- Google Docs & Forms
- Assessment with PPT
- Kahoot (TBA - trying it out) - Kahoot Website (Tutorial)
Audio & Video:
Courses I Teach
- EDU 255: Basics of Effective Instruction - Secondary PE focus
- EDU 355: Curriculum & Planning - Elementary PE focus
- EDU 470: Education in Society - Writing Intensive Course
- PED 308: Outdoor Adventure Education for Teachers
- PED 321: Movement Education
- PED 386: Fitness Pedagogy
- PED 515: Technology in Physical Education
- PED 610: Readings in Physical Education
- PED 661: Practicum II - Physical Education Leadership
- And More! Click here to visit my class website!
Research I do
- Technology in Physical Education Teacher Education
- Connecting theory to practice
- Movement Education
Share this Website!