01 Get Revising
Now is the time to get organised. What exams do you have in 2 months time?
- Rate yourself for each exam/module on a scale from A to E, or for Maths and English 9 to 1.
- Those subjects with lower grades will require more revision and will probably need teacher input - allow time for this.
- Write out a topic list for each exam/module.
- Rate yourself for each topic on a scale from A to E or 9 to 1.
- Those topics with lower grades will require more revision and will probably need teacher input - allow time for this
Plan your revision NOW:
- Fill in the exam dates so you know what your targets/deadlines are. Allow 1 week before each module for revising EVERYTHING and not for covering new topics.
- Fill in the daily spaces in the revision timetable.
- Firstly with module headings all the way through to your exams making sure you allow adequate time for each module in accordance with your standard for that module.
- Secondly for each module fill in the topics all the way thru to 1 week before your exams, making sure you allow adequate time for each topic in accordance with your standard in that topic.
- Make sure that each week you allow 1 session to be a revision of all material previously revised in that module/subject.
- Make sure you start each session by very quickly re-revising the stuff you revised in that topic in the previous session.
- Make sure you allow 1 week per module for re-revising the whole syllabus (ie no new topics).
- In your daily revision timetables, do not work for more than 45 to 50 minutes without taking a short 5 to 10 minute break.
- When you take a break make sure it is a proper break - ie leave the room, drink some water, get some fresh air etc.
- During the revision period make sure you get a lot of sleep, especially if you have had a good revision day.
- During the revision period, and especially in the week of your exams, avoid late nights (revision becomes counter productive cos you will forget what you learned) and also avoid alcohol.
- Avoid getting stressed - if you do feel stressed - TALK TO SOMEONE
- Build in relaxation time into your revision timetable, but make sure that going out etc is a reward for revision accomplished and not a right because it is Friday!!!!!!!
Remember, it is worth putting your social life on hold now,
in order to achieve a better life later!