The 4th ASEAN School on Plasma and Nuclear Fusion (ASPNF2018) and SOKENDAI Winter School
29 Jan-2 Feb 2018
Chiang Mai University, Thailand
The 4th ASEAN School on Plasma and Nuclear Fusion (ASPNF2018) and SOKENDAI Winter School will be organized by
- Thailand Institute of Nuclear Technology (TINT)
- Chiang Mai University (CMU)
- Research Institute on Magnetic Fusion of French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission (CEA-IRFM)
- National Institute for Fusion Science (NIFS) / The Graduate University for Advanced Studies (SOKENDAI)
with support from many other organizations (French Embassy of Thailand and CPaF). It will be an intensive one-week course consisting of lectures and small-group discussions led by plasma and fusion experts from leading countries.
This year the school will be held in Chiang Mai, which is home to beautiful natural landscapes and ancient temples. Its culture and cuisine are diverse and rich. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Cooperation Agreement in the Field of Magnetic Fusion Research between CEA (France) and TINT
- Arrangement in The Field of Plasma and Fusion Technology between NIFS (Japan) and TINT
- MOU between Institute of Plasma Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ASIPP) and TINT
- National MOU in plasma and nuclear fusion technology cooperation between TINT and Thai universities (CPaF)
Students (3rd/4th-year undergraduates and graduates) and scientists/engineers from Thailand and from ASEAN/Asian countries.
- To provide thorough understanding of plasma and fusion science and technology and the current development in the field, by the lecturers with extensive knowledge and experience.
- To initiate research interests and collaborations in plasma and nuclear fusion among the ASEAN countries and others.
- To promote a strong scientific network among ASEAN academics and researchers.