Three Academies, One School
700 Cortelyou Rd., Brooklyn, NY 11218
Phone: 718-941-5450 Fax: 718-693-7433
This Week @ Ditmas
Attend an ARTS-BASED High School Application Workshop: Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan & Bronx
She Gets Good Grades, Are There Still Resources for Her?
Be an Extraordinary Advocate for Your Child
- Get a clear understanding of the Department of Education's systems and structures
- Learn how to build a strong working relationship with your child's teachers
- Identify strategies to build strong academic and social skills in your child
- Get support for your child who has attention and focus issues
Brooklyn South seeks to facilitate increased parent involvement and advocacy by providing access to Department of Education experts in Academic and Social Behaviors.
The May 21st Parent Seminar helps parents develop strategies to support their children at home and in school. The seminar consists of panel discussions with a variety of the Department of Education's Policy makers and education experts. Panelists will make many DOE policy and procedures transparent. In addition to empowering parents by generating pratical suggestions for developing their advocacy. The session will support parents and their students by identifying strategic methods for shaping positive Academic and Social Behaviors in students.
Parent Seminar @
Brooklyn Borough Hall
Mon, May 21, 2018
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
209 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Your school. Your child. Your voice. We're listening.
Thanking you in advance!
- 76% Ditmas Parents Completed #NYCSchoolSurvey - THANK YOU!!!
Every year, parents, teachers, & students in grades K-12 take the #NYCSchoolSurvey.
The survey helps us understand what the school community says about the learning environment at this school.
We thank you in advance for taking a few minutes to let us know how you feel.
10 Reasons to Participate
1) A healthy mouth is something to smile about!
2) We do not replace your child’s regular dentist; we work with your dentist to meet your child’s dental needs
3) You can be sure your child is being cared for by a qualified, licensed professional
4) We offer appointments in a timely manner
5) If your child has a dental emergency during school hours, he/she will receive prompt evaluation and treatment
6) Your child will miss fewer school days
7) You will miss fewer work days
8) No out-of-pocket costs for services provided on site
9) Your child will receive care even if he/she doesn’t have insurance
10) When schools are closed, services are available at Family Health Centers NYU Langone Dental sites