Part Time Jobs
The job section will be updated throughout the school year as employers inform us of job opportunities applicable to high school students. See the list of job postings below the work permits section.
Some other resources include the following:
- Youth at Work - Santa Clara County job openings This program aims to close the opportunity gap for low-income youth throughout Santa Clara County by providing 500 opportunity youth with paid internships and jobs.
- GrooveJob -San Jose job openings
- CoolWorks - information on thousands of summer and seasonal jobs in cool places
- EDD Website - Government site that offers a variety of programs and services especially designed for youth job hunts
- Indeed - a great place to find job postings
- Simply Hired - awesome website!
- Job Applications Online - find out what it takes to complete the online application process
- mangowin.com - Youth employment listings
NOTE TO STUDENTS: You must first have a job offer before obtaining a work-permit.
1. Print out both pages of the Work Permit form (click link to download the file).
2. STUDENT completes Section 1.
3. EMPLOYER completes and signs Section 2.
4. PARENT/guardian fills out and signs Section 3.
5. EMPLOYER also signs and dates bottom of PAGE 2.
6. Bring BOTH pages back to the EDUCATIONAL SERVICES CENTER (Fremont Union High School District Office) - 589 W Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale CA 94087, 408/522-2200, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
7. DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVES complete SECTION 4 and issue the work permit.
NOTE: Work permits will be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will be available for pick-up on Wednesdays and Fridays. If students bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope, work permits will be mailed home as soon as processed.
Math Squared Education is currently seeking to fill multiple Math Tutor positions across our three campuses. We offer flexible, afternoon and weekend schedules, perfect for working students.
Apply Here: https://tinyurl.com/recruitm2
Seeking to fill positions for part-time, after-school Learning Center math tutors.
3 to 15 hours per week; $15.00/hour
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Do you enjoy working with kids? Are you reliable and punctual?
Do you have reliable transportation?
If you love soccer, that’s a plus (but not required)
Weekday and weekend hours available - This is a part-time position
Send your resume to:
For an overview of our program, visit our website.
De Anza Cupertino Aquatics (DACA)
We are currently hiring swim instructors for our learn to swim and pre-competitive programs located at Saratoga High School, De Anza College and at the DACA Swim School. We pay $13.50 per hour and provide 30 hours of paid training to all new swim instructors. We do our best to build work schedules around your school schedules and extra curricular activities. Our only prerequisites for the job are that you should know how to swim and have some experience with kids (babysitting). Please apply on line through our website DACA.org
WORK EXPERIENCE CREDIT
Juniors and Seniors who have a part-time job may earn elective credits towards graduation requirements.
Request 'Work Experience' as one of your classes and attend a mandatory 1 hour per week meeting with the work experience teacher (schedule determined once school year begins).
See your Guidance Counselor for more information.